Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kohler horse power

rokon2813

I've recently been informed that a green thing I have here, A JD 110 which I assumed to be 10 or 11 hp by the numbers should actually be an 8 hp. anybody know the hp for a kohler model K181S ? I wouldnt ask this here because of the green but a customer asked and its gotta go. LOL green just doesnt look good with orange and yellow....

Dan, K181 is a 8Hp. Bore X stroke= 2.938 X 2.750 Displacement= 18.64. A quick check is a K181 has a 7 bolt head. Hope this helps. Steve

helps a bunch thanks. Is there a place to see that info next time or do you just know?

I'm just a smart box of rocks:) I looked it up in my Kohler service manual...TP-2379, page 1.6 . This manual is available in PDF format at the kohler power site on the web. I got my hard copy from Ebay for $7.00 something. Since I caught the fever I now have 10 binders full of reference. getting crowded here :) Steve Steve

Dan, I got my Kohler books from my local lawn mower parts guy. I think way over $7, but well worth havin around. Now I have to see if the Briggs book I have covers the one in the B-210. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

In general I agree with your assessment of the green but I must admit, the 110s with kohlers are pretty good machines. I grew up on a 1970 model and it was worked hard. Very heavy tractor for only 8 horse, but suprisingly powerful. Some people, myself EXCLUDED, consider the JD 318 the best garden tractor ever built. My main gripe about the deere's is the cost, especially for attachments. My next gripe is lack of ease of repair. My last gripe is the color. Brent