Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anyone done this?????

Bunky

I have an Idea, Maybe a good one or maybe a waste of time.... I have a Horse pasture and the Horse's only eat what they want and leave the rest growing... So I thought I have an old push mower Runs like new but the handle bars are broke and the wheels have fallen off... So I thought about making a Bracket to mount the push mower on the back of my 3410S I don't want o mow real close to the ground in case there is sticks or something but would just like to knock down the weeds.... Anyone have any input.????????

I would guess it'll work. Kinda like a mini bush hog. Just be safe with it and have fun.

If it is up high enough be careful of the stuff that thing will spit out at high velocity. Make sure there are no people within a good distance.

You could weld some chains to hang down all the way around it so nothing shoots out to hit you or a horse. I think it is a good idea. Be careful. Dan

I was thinking of doing something similar to mow between the rows of Christmas trees, only using the front drive pulley on the old 101 to power it like a front mounted bush hog or weed cutter.

Sounds like a plan. If you can rig a way to control the throttle and kill the engine from the tractor seat that would be great. I have often thought I would like to have a mini bush hog for one of my tractors.

Check out Pat's cool setup. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17006&SearchTerms=mower[/url]

When all the tractors/mowers were broken, earlier in the spring, I was down to pulling a 21' mower by the handles (in reverse) with some ropes tied to my hitch. Set the mower as high as poss. Kept deflector on mower. Worked fine, no one got hit, from misc. debris or sticks which we have plenty of, on the ground around here. What was a bigger problem, was working out a set-up, that had you cutting straight, and in-line with your puller, especially going around corners or turning. Making permanent, 'arms' would have been best, but never got that far. SimpleTrACtors to the rescue! A

Put some larger wheels on it and bolt some rubber flaps around the sides to prevent things from being thrown out from under.

I know a guy that mowed a large lawn. He made a frame and attached push mowers to each side on the rear of his tractor to increase his cutting width. He used it for years.

• 3 weeks later...
This is about what I was thinking of doing. I however wanted it offset so I could cut under the trees without getting wacked in the head. Anyone see that kind of setup?

My old boss at the turf farm made a hydraulic telescoping arm for the back of his Powermax. He then mounted a pushmower to it,minus the tires and handle.He used it for trimming around trees at his house,and could set it up to cut a path just wider than the deck on it.I think it was a 60" deck on the tractor,and he could add another 24" or so to the swath it cut.