Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Will a 1971 46" Simplicity sickle bar fit and work

TomF

I purchased a 1971 Simplicity 46" sickle bar. It looks like it will fit on our Allis Big Tens. The mfg. number is 687; production year is 1971. I have the original parts diagram. Any opinions on whether this will work? Looks like it should. I am missing the upper cable pulley bracket that attaches to the tractor frame. Can someone please give me the dimensions on this part? Also pulley diameter and location? Thanks. We are missing parts BK and CH. I presume these are no longer available from Simplicity. Am I correct in this? Many thanks to anyone who responds to some or all of this! Tom F.

Yes they will but I seem to remember the hitch is different from new style to old style tractors.With the newer['71] hitch being longer.. And any of those old parts with letters are A LONG TIME NLA!You're going to have to find someone who has extras they will be willing to part with.The pulley assy. isn't too hard to make really, if you're handy with a welder/torch. dlc

Hey Tom, Looks like we need to trade. I have the sickle bar below. It'll fit your Big 10. And I have a New Sovereign that would fit that sickle you just got. Lets trade. Joe Barron http://www.simpletractors.com//images/new_in_1966_images/s_sicklr_bar1x1.jpg