Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
simplicity707

mind boggling

simplicity707
Another question from me. My Yeoman has the electric start setup, and I got to looking around and here's my question: Where do you put the battery??? When I bought it, I gess the previous owners put the battery on the hitch 'cause the positive battery cable goes down the transmission to that back hitch and there is a bolt there, maybe to hold up the battery?? I wouldn't mind putting a battery on it and use the electric start (call me lazy), but pull starting is hard when it kicks back at you. Thats my question, thanxs,,

JBLACK
I had the same question when I picked up a 648 yeoman the battery goes in front of the engine behind the grill and uses a motor cycle style battery, although I haven`t seen the exact way they are mounted. If some one could take some pictures it would be great. the manuals realy don`t go into detail for the mount. JBlack