Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

Mowed with something different today...

SmilinSam
[img]http://a0.cpimg.com/image/7A/FB/21458810-5046-01F80190-.jpg[/img] Tractor is so-so OK..I guess..as far as Cubs go.... But I wouln't give you a lead nickel for a Cadet mowin deck! They seem to mow OK on perfectly flat terrain with light to moderate grass...... But my yard ain't exactly all flat.... Its on Ebay now. One savings grace about it....at least the damn thing has running boards:D:D:D

Kent
Dang! First Wheel Horses, then Cubs, and running boards on top of all that... How did you get elected, anyway? :D

a7117puller
that a stick, or hydro?

KSever
Who nominated him for President anyway ? OOPS! I did :I

MPH
I'll pass this time..MPH

rokon2813
that be a hydro with hydraulic lift by the looks of it. If it wasnt so far away that 14 hp kohler is in great demand here in western ny for pullers.

MN_FISH
At least you have a good tractor in the background on the right!

SmilinSam
quote:
Originally posted by Kent
How did you get elected, anyway? :D
BY Default.....Maynard withdrew:D I was asked to run....I never asked for the job8D
quote:
that a stick, or hydro?
Its a 1450 Hydro with a haydraulic lift. You guys have to admit, the previous owner took care of it. The guy called me and I didn't want it too bad. Sight unseen I told him I didn't want to insult him but I only had $100 to give for it( I just spent all my money on a new front door and storm door). HE said fine, come get it and get it out of here, he was cleaning out the shed. Based on his description I expected a beat piece of junk, I got there and the above is what I found. Other than a dead Battery and maybe slight oil usage I can't find anything wrong with it. To top that off it came with a vaccum collector with no cart. Then if that wasn't enough he asked if I'd just take some other stuff to help him clean up. A Homelite straight shaft string trimmer, a Homelite gas blower, and a Homelite 330 chain saw. The chain saw is the only one that I couldn't get started once home. The other two work perfectly. He had 4 newer MTD and Montgomery Wards type tractors & mowers he uses....go figure... Gotta give you guys the shock treatment once in a while to keep ya on your toes...:D

ikipp
Nice rig. I've three simplicitys and one cub cadet. Over the years I've had alot of different garden tractors. Simplicity, cub cadet, bolens, wheelhorse, craftsman, AC. I wish this club would take ask the members to vote on which make of garden tractor the members like the best. Yeah-AC and simplity will come out first, but it would be fun to see the rankings.

MPH
Gee Sam, did you have to spoil everybodies fun by stating you got it for 100 bucks. Can't put a man down for taking advantage of a Great deal when it passes his way..MPH

MDB
Nice find Sam, Can't blame you for jumping on a deal like that. Whats it going to be next a RanchKing, Murray, or a JOHN DEERE[:0]B);):D:D:D:o)

HubbardRA
I recently had a 12 Hp Cub Hydro given to me. I swapped the rear wheels and tires with one of my ACs and then gave the whole tractor to a friend. I liked two things about that tractor, the two individual rear disc brakes and the manual front PTO. The rest of the tractor was no comparison to the Simplicities and ACs.

stinkie
Cubs are for sissies!!!!!!!!!! Just kiddin Looks to be in good shape. Hopefully you can come out ahead on it...