Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
stumpy

Homesteader blower

stumpy
Hiya, Have a question that could likely be answered without asking here, but my laptop is giving me grief and accessing parts of the site don't seem to be an option. Would like to find a snowblower for my Homesteader 8. We have a big show and swap meet coming up down in Oregon...if I can't go Saturday a friend of mine is and there may be a few possibilities there. Was wondering if any of the smaller (32"?) blowers made for Broadmoors and/or Yeomans will fit on the Homesteader without major mods. Don't they all have the same two-pulley pto engagement mechanism on the front? Or do they just appear to be the same in pics and are actually different? I'm a little more familiar with large-frame machines and implements. It'd be handy to leave the H-8 at my place in the mountains purely for blowing snow, no BGB-no inopportune BGB failure <G>. Anyway, that was my plan when I picked the thing up last year. thanks

TomSchmit
Stumpy - Yes, a 32" blower from an early Broadmoor (717, 728, etc.) will mount properly on your Homesteader 8. They are fairly common, at least here in WI. I can find one for you if you can't get one out west. Shipping the pallet to OR would probably run $100 to $120, plus the $100 or so for the blower. Tom Schmit Tom

stumpy
Thanks Tom, That's what I figured...just wanted "outside confirmation." Actually, I live in eastern Washington state (still costly to ship)...but there's a big show In Oregon tomorrow and I'm surely hopin' to have an acceptable 'blower appear there <G>....along with lots of other bits and pieces I have a hankering for.