Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
simplicity707

finally got to mow with a rider this afternoon

simplicity707
Howdy,,finally got to mow with one of my four riding mowers this afternoon^! I thought that it was about time that I was able to use a rider. I stole the deck of my Broadmoor and put it on the Yeoman. I was surprised when I engaged the blades and they worked!! I looked like this all the time I was on it-:D:D:D!! It does a good except for the exception it don't shoot all the grass out, it leaves it behind but it still mows all of the grass. I think I need a carb kit 'cause i'd do 3 or 4 passes around my back yard then it would quit and I couldn't get it started again. It did that til I finished the yard:(!. The neighbor kept laughing at me, cause it kept diying on me, but let me tell you, it did a much better job mowing than their push mower. It looked like a golf course8D8D!! That was my fun this afternoon. thsnx,,

MPH
Sounds like you may be vapor-locking, try running with the gas cap loose or pull the fuel line off the carb when it dies to see if you have gas flowing.MPH

alanscott
Adding diesel to your gasoline in a ratio of 1 part diesel to 100 parts gasoline should bring the flash point down enough to prevent vapor lock. Too much though will cause pre-ignition.

a7117puller
sounds like it needs a good powerwash, overheating

Agricola
I have never heard of the diesel thing. I might have to try that on a green tractor I have.

papamerkle
When was the last time the gas filter was change?If none of the other suggestions fix the problem check for spark. I've seen coils overheat and quite working. If Yoeman still has points and condensor they may need change or reset.