Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

The hunt.....again

KenK

A nice old farmer came into the shop today looking for a used BGB.I told him I had 3 or 4,depending on the tractor.He needed one for a HB-112,I said that I would take the cover off one so we could have a look inside.While in the process he said he had a B-10 that ran well but the BGB was out of it also and it was laying in parts in the back of his shed.Well the wheels where turning in my head as I put the cover back on the used BGB.He said how much and I said how much for the B-10.He said how about an even swap(well thats a no brainer).I'll be going out next week to pick it up.Best thing is its on the way home, and he also mentioned he had a 3212v with hydro lift that he wasn't using anymore(variable pulleys are shot).Maybe I'll come home with 2.:D:D:D:D

Well I picked up the tractor yesterday and found out that it is a big ten. It was a mess,the rear axel and diff.where missing.The bgb was completely gone, steering wheel and rear tires where off.The seat deck was laying in the corner beside the 42" deck.He said it had lost its spark and didn't know why.He did throw in a very solid 48" deck that came off a B-112:).I spent 3 hours last night and 3 hours tonight putting the old girl back together.Had it running (wires at the points were grounding on the block) and on a rolling chassis.Need to rob an axel and diff out of a spare tranny then take her for a spin.It ran real good with no smoke.I'll try and get some pictures.

Here is the big ten that I put back together.

Here I mounted the old cultivator to see what this A/c can do.

It tore up the grass pretty well,yes the garden has been neglected.Everything seems to be growing fine.I need to let it dry out some and go in with the tiller.

That would be my father-in-laws 966,thats his main tractor untill he's fully retired.Maybe down the road it will be for sale.