Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

This is suppose to purr like a Kitten???

MPH

Got the briggs 19 outta the box today, studied parts to recall my one cell, cleaned up bolts and some parts. Going alright, new valve stems ground to clearance, crank in, governor and point box, then I open up new 30 over piston and ring box to find the oil ring broken. Sure hope I can find one in state in the morning before my time off runs out...MPH

Marty, That pic. looks like a scene from my shop, you even have the necesary Simple trACtors coffee mug on the bench;):D. Hope you can find an oil ring in state. Those old Model 19s sure do run good when they are in top shape, it will pure like a kitten...^:)

Purr like a kitten???? I don't know about others' Model 19 Briggs, but the one in the Putt Putt idles at about 500 rpm(if that, you can almost count the revs) and would need to be throttled up to purrrrrrrr........

Hey, didn't yoiu have a pic of some parts you were trying to ID? Well, I think that the two spacers are for the drive shaft, one was a left rear engine mounting bolt, and I can't find the pic any more........

[:0]Marty! Shame on ya!! I don't see an 8lb lumper there anywhere.;) Nothing works like the 8 pounder or the fire wrench. :D:D:D [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

I to will soon be overhauling my model 19 Briggs soon . My only problem is that I'm still trying to get a parts diagram for it . I called Briggs and Stratton on the phone and told them what I needed . They ended up sending me a routine maintenance booklet , which is not to handy when trying to identify parts to order . Does anyone know a place where I might find this diagram ? Thanks , Dan

Kirk, thanks for the left rear engine mount bolt, had a couple other replies it was an engine mount bolt but there appears to be equal space around all 4 holes so I was still confussed. The spacers were rubber bumpers for the hood to rest on ontop the grill frame, just had that flash a bit ago, they had a bolt indent line across one end which just wasn't coming into focus. The hinge bolt makes that mark. Joe, I do try to be a bit refined now and then. Dan, I just been using my briggs servece and repair manual, doesn't show a lot of details for each model but so far enough to get me by...MPH

Hmmm, yea I think it was, was late afternoon when I found my new but broken oil ring. Looking like I may have to buy a whole pistion set to a new one, so I cleaned and painted all the little stuff today like the air cleaner, volt reg. starter/gen, and some odds and ends, then I fired up the B-112 and went on weed control mission of the normally beautiful garden, the south 40, and the developing west 40, 'bout two hours of fun and a nice kill of 2 in tall weeds..MPH

quote:
Originally posted by DanBov
I to will soon be overhauling my model 19 Briggs soon . My only problem is that I'm still trying to get a parts diagram for it . I called Briggs and Stratton on the phone and told them what I needed . They ended up sending me a routine maintenance booklet , which is not to handy when trying to identify parts to order . Does anyone know a place where I might find this diagram ? Thanks , Dan
Dan, This is a link for B&S. Type in your engine model, and you can download a free parts list and diagram PDF file, or have on shipped to you for $2.00. [url]http://shop.briggsandstratton.com/BShopRepairPartsPage.asp?LRID=1&MECID=100&CATALOGID=39EC87CC-8003-4B08-ABB8-61BB0ADB5155[/url]