Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Unknown Orange Lawn Tractor

tinkerboy

Gentlefolk, I recently inherited an orange lawn tractor labelled "Garden Master" with an 8 hp Briggs and Stratton electric start motor and a Peerless 3 speed (+reverse) transaxle. It has a 38" deck and is fairly lightly constructed with angular sheet metal--more than 15 years old and probably a department store machine. It was found when my brother bought a house in southern Ontario and no one seems to know anything about it. Does anyone recognize this name? I am new to lawn/garden tractors and have just discovered what fun this stuff can be. Thanks for any help that you can provide. TB

A couple of week ago I started to covet my neighbors tractor. I could see the top half of the front grill and thought he had gotten a pretty nice newer Landlord.:( When I found an excuse to walk over it turned out to be an old Gilson. Looked like it was made like an MTD:) To top it off he was having charging problems with it.^ Not the best neighbors so I did not try to help out. Not a good Christian attitude}:) but I am only human. Dan

Garden Master does sound like a gilson name, as does use of the Peerless transaxle. The one I've seen up here were 12hp or better and normally a tannish color, early '70's models. Used to read a Yahoo site on them and orange was a color they used in later models. Not toooo bad of tractor for drawbar work but thier attachment changeover method really sucks...MPH