Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Vibration

Steve_Wyrick

I have a Simplicity 7016 6 spd with a bad vibration in tractor. Have change the drive shaft, new driveshaft dics, new bevel gears. Vibration still their. Any ideas. Could the vibration be coming from engine. Looking from top with the hood open, everything looks to be turning pretty smooth. But sitting on tractor you can fill the vibes. Any solutions.

I have cheked that out also. Seems to be very tight. I check the shafts when I had it apart for the rebuild. They seem to be all right to me. Could a bearing in the BGB cause a vibration. Will check again tonight.

I,ve also check that to. If a vibration was coming from the BGB, What would be the cause of it. A bad bearing or what. I did check for input shaft play none their. Backlash for the gears are about a 1\16 of an inch back and fourth. Is their anyway to get the bgb gears on the wrong shaft.

Remove the driveshaft and run the engine to isolate whether the engine or driveline is the problem. Pat

There are natural frequencies in a single cylinder engine that might make you think you have a vibration. Even with snycro balance engines those frequencies can be felt thru the steering wheel. Does the whole tractor shake or is it something you can feel at the steering wheel?

Is the vibration more noticeable at idle than at full throttle. I had a 7016-6 with only 350 hours on it (when I sold it) and it always had a "good vibration" at idle but was smooth at full throttle. The smoothness at full throttle could have been attibuted to increased repetitions causing them to be felt almost simultaneouly. Usually a bearing or something out of round/balanced will get worse as the rpm's increase but it depends on the application.

My B-12 and Big Ten both have a vibration at Idle and when under heavy load when the governor is kicking in. It is not what I call excessive. I checked my BGB and have What I consider "too much" lash on the B-12. I would be interested Steve, if after you unhook the drive shaft, if you still have the vibration. I need to correct the excessive lash in the gears on my BGB.

Vibration is noticeable at full throttle and not that bad at idle. I have removed the drive to see if vibration is that noticeable at all rpms. Will get back with results.

Vibration seems to be coming from engine. I disconected the drive shaft and vibration is still thier. Could the syncro's be worn, And how could you tell if they are. I have a 3310 and it doesn't vibrate half as bad.

Does it seem to be running fine at full throttle? When was the last time you did a tuneup on it? Could be main jet setting a little off, points, spark plug, plug wire (though you would need to pull out the motor and replace the magneto),.....I'd highly recommend bypassing the points and condenser and going with a electronic ignition conversion, it worked great on mine.