Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New mower blades

Ryan

I bought 3 new mower blades for my b-110 today at Glen's Surplus in Shelby, Oh for $18.00, and they were Simplicity blades. They have them for all models of Simplicity and just about all other makes. I also bought a pair of high rib front tires for my b-110 for $17.00 a piece, tubes for $3.25 a piece. Just thought I would let people know in the area. Ryan

Ryan, These are OEM blades? When I bought my Big Ten it had after market blades and they simply DO NOT mow like the OEM on the B-12. I went to a large sales and repair facility and they wanted to sell me blades sold by Stens. (?) They were not near as wide, thick, nor have as much turn up on the back as the OEM does.

I have been using NAPA blades on my mowers for a number of years and have been getting along really good with them, for the 42" lefthand discharge deck it is PN. 7-04430 (new style 3/4" center hole) for the 42" lefthand discharge deck it is PN. 7-04527 (old style 1-3/8" center hole) I can't tell the difference between the NAPA blades and the OEMs except for the cost...:)

Anyone found a source for Gator Blades (or similar) for the 48" left discharge decks with large center holes and two bolt holes besides Jack's Small Engines? Doesn't look like Simplicity sells Eliminator blades for the Sovereign-class machines, only the new designs... I want to try them on mulching/bagging leaves this fall...

Kent Just bought a set of gator blades from local mower repair shop for the 48 inch left side discharge. He had to order them and the price was about 40 bucks for the set. Haven't tried them yet, waiting for the leaves to start falling.

DaleC, Yes, they were oem blades. They had the Non-Simplicity for $14.95 which wre very cheap looking and did not have the same bend as the stock blades. They have blade for all kinds. I am very pleased. Thanks for pointing this out. Ryan