Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

12HP OR 10 HP????

I TOOK THE ENGINE OFF MY TRACTOR, NO ID TAG. HOW CAN I TELL WHAT SIZE IT IS? I FOUND THE ENGINE NUMBERS 243431 AND 300421 ON THIS SITE, I WENT LOOKING FOR PARTS, AND IT SAID I NEED A 4 DIGIT NUMBER WITH THIS. WHO HAS THE BEST PRICE FOR BRIGGS PARTS? SUCH AS GASKETTS AND CARB REBUILD PARTS?

Kent
The complete engine number is stamped in in the sheet metal cowling usually on top, somewhere around where the bracket that holds the adjustment arm for the starter/generator is located. Look closely, they're typically very hard to read. Rubbing it with white chalk or something like that might help...

Kent
BTW, the tractor's model number should likely tell you, also... if it is still the original engine. 7012, 712, B-212, etc., were 12HP engines 7010, 710, 3410, 3210, B-210 were 10HP engines