Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

Unusual 3410-S

Dutch
A few months ago I installed a hydraulic pump and a solenoid valve bank on my 7014-S so I can operate front, center, and rear blades independently. I found that the shuttle transmission is perfect for blade operation. They are as easy as a hydro for changing direction, yet are not unpredictable like a hydro when “pushing out.” The problem is, my 7014-S is in sorry condition. It is worth more in parts than it’s worth to repair. So, I bought a nice clean 3410-S last Tuesday. The very next day, two customers stopped by to pick up grader blades. One of the guys wanted to buy the 3410-S. I agreed to sell it if I bought a 712-S I was looking at. After the first guy left, the second guy told me he knew someone who wanted to sell another 3410-S. I bought the second 3410-S that same day for the asking price of $500. I would have given at least $1,000 for that tractor. It’s unbelievably clean. I hate to use the term, but it really is a "cream puff." It has original paint, original Terra Trac tires without dry rot or checking, even the original S/G belt. The bolts still have the cadmium plating, no rust on the wheels. Even the OEM cardboard and foam blocks between the fuel tank and engine are still in place. I just bought the 712-S. It’s in good mechanical shape, but rough in appearance. It’s just what I need for a working tractor. Since I’m not a collector, I’m really happy that I don’t have to subject the "cream puff" 3410-S to the type of work I do. I can sell it to someone who will appreciate it. What’s a "cream puff" 3410-S worth? It’s was worth $500 the original owner because that’s what he wanted for it. It was worth $500 to me because that’s what I paid for it. So, what’s it worth to you? Read my ad > http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/classDetail.asp?id=3804

Steell
Did you get that 712-S that just ended on Ebay? I noticed it was in New Jersey also. Steve

Bunky
Did the 3410S have Terra Trac Tires on them when they were new??? Mine does but I figured someone changed them.....

IronPony
OK, Dutch, where are the pictures?? Dan

Dutch
quote:
Originally posted by Steell
Did you get that 712-S that just ended on Ebay? I noticed it was in New Jersey also.
Yes....... and the photo makes it look good. It is ROUGH. If it has major mechanical problems, I'll have to go back to plan "A". [img]http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_a9ede50965c595ee0c95346fd5be2aed/i-2_B.JPG[/img]

Dutch
quote:
Originally posted by Bunky
Did the 3410S have Terra Trac Tires on them when they were new??? Mine does but I figured someone changed them.....
I believe the "Terra" was an OEM tire from the later B-series and on. At some point they started using "Dico" and I believe "Carlisle".

Dutch
quote:
Originally posted by howlanddm
OK, Dutch, where are the pictures??
My $40 digital won't take sharp close ups needed to show off this little gem. Will borrow my daughter's camera next week.

jkmustang1
My bumbble bee b-10 was sold 5/67 with goodyear on the back. Charlie's 410s has goodyears on it all around. The 410m has carlisle all around.