Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B10 attachments

richp

Hi again, well now that I 've just about finished all the painting
All thats left is the mower deck ,I 've been told that
its supposed to be yellow ,like the tractor, but under all that black
and grey paint is an off white? I was wondering if it may be a deck from another tractor?
Is there any way to tell?
And also are there any attachments from newer machines or ones still in procuction that would fit
my tractor, I am looking for a roto tiller and snow blower, not that we get much ,but for the couple days
or weeks it would be nice. Are there any yard tractors like this still in production?
All I see is this plastic stuff for about 2000.00 bucks, yuk!!!

Mike, Most of the off white decks were off Simplicity Tractors from the 70s. If you get the top center pulley size and how it is mounted I can tell you close to the year it was made. I have a yellow snow blower that would fit your tractor. If interested E-mail me. Mark

Mike, If the deck is was off white it came of a slightly newer AC. When AC started painting the Garden Tractors AC orange, all the attachments were painted off white to match the wheels and trim on the tractor. This was in the early 70's and it is still the same deck as the old yellow ones. There are alot of used attachments available and if you want to pay the bucks the new Sovereign attachments still fit.

Well since both AC and Simplicity decks were off white in the 70's it's a 50/50 shot as to which one it is. If it has 3 bolts fastening the shaft housings to the deck it is probably an AC. The old orange Simplicity decks I'have worked on had 6 bolts on each shaft housing, don't know if that was true however on the white ones. Tim

I'm certainly relatively new to these, but I'm not sure a "bolt count" on the arbor housing is a good determinant of what it is. My yellow 42" deck off my B-210 has 6 bolts mounting the arbor shaft housings to the deck housing... I have good reason to believe it's the original B-210 deck, though I'm not absolutely sure. Though one of the arbor pulleys is red (Simplicity), all the other parts seem to have the original coat of yellow paint....

It's slightly different than the "later, one-piece decks" shown in the B Series Service Manual, having 6 bolts on the arbors, a grease fitting on only the front (center) arbor, and a spring-loaded idler...

Kent, I can't confirm a bolt count either but the 4 yellow AC decks that I have work on all had 3 bolts. I've worked on 2 orange Simplicity decks and they both had 6 bolts. They were all one-piece decks. The Simplicity decks were the original decks for the 3212 and 1 of the AC was off a B12, 1 off a B10, and another off a B112. So thats what my limited experiance shows. Tim