Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
UCD

Free info $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

UCD
Now they are chargeing for free info. The people charging for Simplicity down loadable pdf files are now chargeing for the info to the Simplicity download site. Free Simplicity Owners and Parts Manuals lawn Itemnumber: 2337964276 Price: US $5.00 Time left: 6 days 20 hours 7-day listing Ends Aug-05-03 07:45:19 PDT Quantity: 100 available Location: Good old USA United States Shipping and payment details Seller information chantyr( 61) Feedback rating: 61 Positive feedback: 100% Registered Aug-05-99 in United States
Simplicity Manuals lawn and garden tractor s - snowblowers - push mowers - attachment manuals. Information on how to get original Owners or parts manuals for free. Downloadable manuals 5$ for information on how to freely obtain an unlimited number of manuals Upon recieving money a file will be sent to you on directions for obtaining free manuals for your Simplicity equipment, even for some Allis Chalmers Garden tractors Email if any questions, thanks and happy power equipmenting.

Ryan
I had to e-mail them. This is what I wrote: Wow, is this really the right thing to do? This info is free from the Simplicity web sight. I guess if they are willing to pay, more power to you. I just had to say something. Have a good day.

IronPony
What a scam!! Guess we are a capitalist conutry and always looking for a way go make a buck. I think it was Barnum of the Barnum and Bailey Circus that said "there is a sucker born every minute". I think there are people on eBay that look at a current sale catalog and advertise the sale items on eBay and then drop ship the item to the "winning" bidder. LOL Dan

Mel_W
My email to these sellers; don't you yhink you should donate a part of the proceeds of the sales to chatity, since what you are doing is nearly unethical. Mel Winters

andy gartner
Please notify Simplicity (if not already). This is their copywrited material, they can have their attorney contact ebay, of this infringement. The seller must cease and desist and/or face charges, by eg. the post office for using the federal PO to deliver above (forget what the charge is called). This happened on ebay when a fellow up north, was selling material (c) written and produced by an online motorcycle site. He was selling xeroxes of the (c) material and was, I heard, cut a new a--h---. In the Simplicity case, it could affect us all, if Simplicity gets po'ed for any no. of reasons, and does away with this service.

Brent_Baumer
How about this item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3541626856 Hope this fixes them. Brent

sask
While unethical, I don't think it is illegal. He or she is not actually copying and/or selling the copyrighted material, only the instructions on how to get there. That said, I was glad to see Brents ebay "item". These scams have to be exposed before Simplicity gets ticked off and yanks the free manuals altogether.

Ryan
Way to go Brent!

rokon2813
Brent good idea. I thought of it but chickened out. A word of advice though. Keep a close eye on that auction and cancel it before it ends. If it really ticks someone off he could get a couple of shill bidders to take the bids way up to stick you with a high ending fee from ebay.

UCD
Brent only problem with your Ebay ADD it is only Listed in Listed in category: Books > Other . It should be Listed in category: Home > Lawn & Garden > Tools, Gear, Equipment > Power Equipment > Manuals, Guides. The same category as theirs for every one to see it.

Agricola
I looked at some other things the person had to sell. Kind of boring. What bothers me quite a bit is that the seller spells worse than I do. :)

Brent_Baumer
I couldn't get his link any longer. Must have changed his mind so I ended my auction. Brent

UCD
They must have got the message

Nick
It was relisted, and it appears ebay cancelled the auction