Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Bunky

Jacks small engines???????

Bunky
I was reading a forum on the another site... It was talking about Jacks' small engines.... I have ordered from there site twice with great response and success... But before I ordered I had heard of similar stories.... I'm just wondering what kind of luck others have had.??????? [url]http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/tractor/msg071249552504.html?17[/url]

RayH
I have ordered parts from Jack's twice...no problems either time. RayH

GregB
I have placed 4 or 5 orders in the last 2 months for parts for my AC 716. All have been delivered within 10 days or so. Ordered a rear lift cable from them last Thursday, got it today. On one order they forgot to pack an item, I called and they shipped a replacement. Got it the next day. It is sometimes difficult to get them on the phone (not enough incoming lines?). I think their web site is great. With a parts list, crossover number list on SimpleTractors, ordering from them is fast and easy. If I had to suggest to Jacks area's for improvement it would be automatic notification of shipment when you ship UPS. With UPS at work and other business's I have dealt with, UPS offers an automatic notification system when the shipment is made.

mbrook
I have only placed one order with Jack's, it was for the electronic ignition module. I placed my order on July 15, I still have not recieved the part. To me two weeks for a in-stock part seems a bit long. Hopefully I'll be getting it soon?

Bunky
Well I agree with the UPS notification it is nice.... And mbrook I have always gotten my stuff in just about a week and you don't live too far from me..... So I would think you should have it....

SLTractor
I have order from Jacks and had good service. I would give them an A+

John_RI
I've not been happy with service or parts from Jack's. I think the web site is great with the parts look-up & price.

UCD
My experience with them is if you don't want hassles don't buy from them.

mowerman1193
I have heard alot of good and bad dealings with them as well.I kinda feel that everyone has a order messed up from time to time wether its from the dealer or the fast food places, lol I think Jacks is probably one of the biggest if not the biggest parts supplier online and with all the transactions they do every day something is bound to get messed up from time to time.Not that I would'nt be mad if I had a order messed up but I feel with todays computors and the message bourds its very easy to complain and have millions see it.And I don't think thats right as one complaint could send 100's of deals to elsewhere.... I don't feel its fair to Jacks for these people posting this kind of stuff when the reader don't get the full story on what happend....

UCD
Jacks has got the full story from me and they don't care. I have told him in this very forum. I emailed them several times in regards to an order with no replies. I was lied to and when the person on the other end got caught in that lie they lied again and said they never said it. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they were a supervisor a few min. later in the conversation I asked a question and was told that a supervisor would have to answer that question and one was not available. The sales people on their telephones are the rudest people I have ever talked to. I had an order confirmation number and they told me there was never an order placed and that number did not exist. Thirty min later i received an email from them with the confirmation number on it. I called them back and they denied that I got the email and that the number still did not exist. Next question how did they get my email address if they never got my emails as I did not give it to them over the phone. I emailed Jack the owner numerous times and never received an answer from him. Bottom line if you don't want a hassle don't do business with them. On the other hand if you want FIRST CLASS treatment from some one who wants your business and will leave no stone unturned to help a customer call Sandy Lakes Implement. They go out of their way to be sure the customer is taken care of.

thedaddycat
It's true, everyone can have problems. Sandy Lake is not immune either. I can't explain why, but I still don't have my weed cutter yet. I've talked to Bill and had messages from him on my machine. Oh, it's going out in a week to ten days. It's sitting here and the guys are getting on me to finish it up and get it out. This is something they described as being "an eight out of ten" condition wise. Bill also told me someone tried to buy it out from under me for quite a bit more than the advertised price. He said he didn't sell it to them, but what I see happening in this case is nothing like the great service most posting here describe. I contacted SLI on May 6th and agreed to buy the weed cutter. It's been almost three months and I don't have it yet. At this point, I have a hard time believing there is a reasonable explanation for the delay in shipping an implement in such great shape. I will contact Bill and see what he has to say about it.......

thedaddycat
This is the email I sent Bill at Sandy Lake..... Bill, I contacted you on May 6th and agreed to buy the Simplicity Weed Cutter with all the linkages, etc. for $395 plus $55 for S&H. It has been almost three months but I still don't have it yet. In your ad you described it as being "an eight out of ten" condition wise, in other words in great shape. I think that after all this time, not to mention our phone conversations and your messages telling me how it was going to be send out "in a week to ten days", that I deserve a reasonable explanation as to why I don't have it yet. You had mentioned someone trying to get you to sell it to them instead of me, offering you more than our agreed upon price. Though I would be disapointed, I can understand the economics of that and would prefer the truth in this matter. Everyone on the Simple Tractor site says your service is the best. Manard (UCD) has this to say about you folks, "On the other hand if you want FIRST CLASS treatment from some one who wants your business and will leave no stone unturned to help a customer call Sandy Lakes Implement. They go out of their way to be sure the customer is taken care of." Don't consider my order for the Weed Cutter canceled(I still want it), but I'd almost rather have an explanation of what's going on than the implement at this point. I had even seen one on eBay that sold for $255 that I didn't bid on because I thought I had bought one from you. Please get back to me and let me know what's going on. Thanks for your time and attention in this matter. Kirk This is the response I got from Bill.... Hi Kirk, The weed cutter needs the missing parts fabricated. It was originally offered to you at a reduced price without them but you opted to have us supply them. I have rounded up the materials but have not had the time to spare to create them. May, June and July is our rush season for the people who make a living with their equipment and we must give them priority over what we consider a vintage/collector type item. I underestimated the summer rush when I indicated a week or 10 days to you. I expected the summer to be a little bit slower than the spring but it has been just the opposite. If you get the opportunity to obtain another cutter feel free to do so. We have your name on this one but that is no problem if you find another. We have billed you nothing and we will not until it is completed and shipped. My apologies for the continued delay. Bill While this is a polite letter, I come away feeling like they are saying: A) We're too busy, and B) You're not important enough to worry about Maybe I'm just being too sensitive about it but this isn't the level of service I had expected considering all the posts here about the great service. The other thing I find slightly troubling is that I don't recall their ad saying anything about the weed cutter needing parts made before it would be ready. It just stated price with and without the linkages. One would think(at least I did) that unless stated these would be factory parts, especially since they consider it "a vintage/collector type item" where having the OEM parts is very important and has a fair amount to do with the price.... I continue to wait and watch... In the meantime if someone has a complete working weed cutter that's available now I'll give you the same price that SLI would get. I really could have used it this week cutting foot tall grass and weeds out of a retention pond. The 42" deck was working hard but got it done......

Leroy
While i can understand the spring and Most likely summer rush on yard and garden tools needing work. So much that the customer's needs regarding about a vintage piece is small potatoes. when there are concivably 8 customers who wanted the equipment they regularly service yesterday. I think that the phone call would be the best way to go here. They could have contacted you to be more specific on the condition and fact that one of the other techs orderd parts for this thing and said to the emailer to get this thing as an add on that Simple Tractor site as an add that you read, but in reality wasn't ready. it may have been unnoticed to the buyer because the parts are usually in stock and it would be a 1 hour job to get it ready. You must know how things get at times The squeeky wheel gets the oil. You didn't squeek. I would give SLI a benefit of the doubt because of the season. However they should have a stronger push pin holding your order up so it doesn't fall behind the water fountain. I dont know if that happened i'm just guessing. I emailed them about interface for 20 hpOnan to the 7117 and they sent me the info tho it was not the next day they did get it to me. I can only imagine what their load is . I hope this all works out for both of you.

Terry9
I think the next poll that Kent should do should be some measure of the various dealers that just happen to have banners on this website. A two button poll for each: (.)Gripe (.)Accolade Let the chips fall where they may........