Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rokon2813

poking around simpletractors

rokon2813
Ive poked around the website quite a bit and seen a lot of info here. Today I ran across something I hadnt seen yet. Has anybody ever seen a B 10 converted to LP gas???? Now that would have to be a rare option worthy of bragging on if somebody had one. http://www.simpletractors.com/models/b_series/b-10_old/b-10_price_quote.htm

UCD
If you had bought that tractor with every available option in that list it would come to a Grand total of $3,100.50. Today if you had one you could sell the 66" fork lift for that amount or more. The loader with two buckets could be sold for more, maybe double what the tractor sold for then. The dump carts bring double now than what they sold for new. Grader blades are bringing 5 times what they sold for new. A snow plow 4 time as much.

HubbardRA
Dan, My questions is: "Where do you put the tank?"

Stoneheartfarm
Last fall there were some 16hp Briggs V-twins listed that had been converted to LP. Might be simpler to buy something like that and drop it in than try to convert the original engine. Steve

rokon2813
I wasnt interested in converting one, just read the bottom of the page and had no idea there even was a conversion kit.

PatRarick
I purchased a couple of the LP Vanguards, and 18 horse and a 14 horse. I was going to build a propane powered tractor, but couldn't find a tank to install to make it look original. I converted both back to gasoline. I have kept the propane parts and will build a propane tractor if or when I find an appropriate tank. Pat

Agricola
Pat, they used to make a small LP tank for forklifts, They were used on the stand up models. If you have an Industrial type propane refill place, they might be able to set you up.