Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

carb diagram?

where can i find a diagram of a b10 carb?

jkmustang1
I need one too I am going to copy the numbers off the block model group and ?? it is below a tag on the block plug them into b&s web site and down load engine book will also help for ordering parts even from a dealer. My b10 is with the other tractors ready for the show this weekend So I won't see it till tomarow.

Kent
The 10HP Briggs were Model #243431, Type 0627-01 You can download the manual on the Briggs site, but you might have to register first... or at least I did a long time back.

jkmustang1
Thanks Kent Just what I needed my local dealer the older guy was getting testie with me because I didnt have the info so he could look up parts availability. Now I can take the book and show him. Made me wish the young guy was there he makes his best effort to make you happy. And he is close to 20 years my jr the other guy 20 years my sr.

HubbardRA
Jon, & 328, Neither of you have said why you want to rebuild your carb. There is no reason to put in a carb kit unless you have a bad part that can only be purchased with the kit. If there is a carb problem, you may be able to fix it without purchasing a kit. I am still using the original carb that was factory on my 61 Wards, and As far as I know, it has never had a kit installed. I have had it apart a couple of time for checking and cleaning, but never installed andy new parts. Didn't even need to replace the gaskets.

jkmustang1
My tractor sat in a barn full of cats for over 20 years. From what I am told the barn had over 60 cats locked in it for some time. The air cleaned foam just crumbled the other day when I took the top off. So I was trying to get numbers for what I need and may need to get it going.