Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
IronPony

Who Made this Old Sears w/horizontal shaft motor

IronPony
Saw this on eBay and thought it might be an old made by AC/Simp since it has a horizontal shaft motor with front PTO. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2337453955&category=43562

Kent
Roper, now a part of AYP, as best as I can recall...

pacodiablo
Is that the air filter box on top of the engine? That is the second Sears tractor I have seen with that setup, and I have only seen it on Sears tractors. There is another larger Sears tractor on eBay with a rear PTO.

thedaddycat
My buddy has a Craftsman with a Kohler twin that has the top air filter and front PTO. The tractor drives off the rear engine pulley. That one is a lot like his, and his is about 12-15 years old.

pacodiablo
Is AYP still around? Or has it dissolved into some other company?

Les
The old David Bradley company in Bradley Illinois was bought by AMF, then Roper, now American Yard Products, with probably one or two owners in between. Back in the 40's and 50's they made farm equipment for Sears under the David Bradley name, about 10 or 15 years ago the Bradley plant was shut down and production located in Tennessee somewhere.

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by Les
The old David Bradley company in Bradley Illinois was bought by AMF, then Roper, now American Yard Products, with probably one or two owners in between. Back in the 40's and 50's they made farm equipment for Sears under the David Bradley name, about 10 or 15 years ago the Bradley plant was shut down and production located in Tennessee somewhere.
The original building still stands. I was in Bradley last week and my cousin spotted it for me across the railroad tracks from a lumber yard we were at. Still stone engravings (Bradley)on it.

Kent
AYP is now part of Frigidaire, owned by Electrolux of Sweden. Still makes Sears, plus Husqvarna, and perhaps other box store brands.

Les
quote:
Originally posted by BLT
quote:
Originally posted by Les
The original building still stands. I was in Bradley last week and my cousin spotted it for me across the railroad tracks from a lumber yard we were at. Still stone engravings (Bradley)on it.
One thing is certain, there are A LOT of old closed factory buildings in Northern Illinois!

Woodydel
If anyone gets the idea to buy this tractor, I have the brand new never been used snowblower for it. It is definitely NOT a piece of junk (the snowblower). A picture of the blower is first picture on page one of one of my online albums. [url]http://hyperphoto.photoloft.com/view/Album.asp?s=cano&u=1671469&a=1210865[/url]

a7117puller
AYP.....=MTD.....=junk