Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
cpearson

68' BROADMOOR

cpearson
I need some help here. I'm new to simplicity tractors. I have all wheel horses except for this one. I have a 68' Broadmoor. I'm needing paint codes for the colors. Names and addresses, phone #'s of who makes decals. Who are good ole dealers to get parts from. Thanks for any help or advice in advance. If I can get things for this one I may buy the 725 a friend of mine has and restore it to. Craig8D

TomSchmit
Craig - No paint codes available for these old Simplicity colors (codes are available for AC yellows, but not these). There is much discussion about what is the correct color. The best way to see this is to search this "talking tractors" forum for "paint" discussions. Decals are not readily available, but several members have worked on these Broadmoor decals. In fact, see the posts below (now on page 2 of the forum list) under "707 decals". I have also used non-original decals through member Dave Christensen (DLC is his club name) in NY. Finally, parts are readily avialable... new parts from any Simplicity dealer (but use the ones that support the club by advertising on the Simple Tractors web site) used parts from your local tractor shop, the classsified ads on this site, or again the dealers that advertise on the site. I have 5 old Broadmoors like yours!! Tom

simplicity707
I bought decals off of Dave Christensen before on my 707 Broadmoor. Parts are also easy to find. I own two Broadmoors, but i'm just beginning! Have fun with your Broadmoor.

dogboy
I just painted my 64 broadmoor, i used rustoleum, a/c orange,farm equip. , ace hardware carries it , don't think i could have gotten any closer to the color

KSever
Can't get any closer that I know of to the Simplicity Deep Orange that's used on the early Broamoor and Landlord than this color Duplicolor Chevy Orange 1607 at $2.99 a can. Dutch did a comparison and that's what I used on my '64 Landlord The grill frame on top is the Simplicity paint and the seat deck on the bottom is the Duplicolor Kris [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/KSever/paint%20comparison.jpg[/img]

KSever
In this picture the hood and the grill frame are Simplicity Deep Orange @$9.00 a can, The rest of the Orange on the tractor is Duplicolor as stated in the reply above. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/KSever/Dsc00034.jpg[/img]

cpearson
Thanks for all the help and advice. Craig