Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Scott Salmons

Box Blade?

Scott Salmons
Has anyone used a Box Scrapper behind a Power Max? I plan to build a small shed and would like to clear and level the ground were I plan to build it. I stopped at a local farm supply and the smallest they had was a 5' cat 1. Does anyone make a 48" cat 0? I have the Terra floatation tires would I get enough traction?

samson
Scott, Hope you get some answers as I would like to do the same thing. Might have to build one. Roger

Woodydel
Try this. They have what you want. [url]http://www.whirlwindind.com/Box_Scraper.htm[/url]

arnoldir
I'll try posting a photo below, it's a 48" Howse Box Scraper with removable ripper shanks, I think the last owner changed it to Cat 0 pins cause it hooks right up. My 720 pulls it nicely, on this job I used it to knock down and rip out 10-12 small 1"-3" oak trees and clear a 12 x 30 patch for a cover-it garage. The only problem is when the tractor runs for more than 20 minutes the charge pump heats up and It has trouble lifting the box blade. The blade weighs 375# and it lifts it with no problem when cold.

RickS
Arnoldir, This is off the subject. But I also have a cover-it (24 X 24)garage. I am located in Maine and found out the hard way, that I need to keep the snow clear on either side of the garage. This allows the snow to continue to slide off the garage. If the snow if very wet I will try and remove the snow from the garage itself. I have put the cover-it garage on well drained sand over a gravel base. For the floor of the garage I use a large blue tarp. A friend of mine only put down the sand and gravel. The next year the car he stored in there had a lot of electrical problems. I store several boats (one is a motor boat), my tractor and all my outdoor tools inside. If you need any advice or questiosn please let me know and I will try and answer them. Rick..........

arnoldir
RickS, This was for a buddy, I already have 3 of the 12x20 cover-it's and another buddy has 5 in his yard. You are right about putting a moisture barrier down, I am about to redo all of mine using a base of RCA (recycled concrete agrigate). Over the RCA I'm going to use 2 layers of 6mil poly and then put down concrete pavers. A coworker just pulled up a paver patio and I got to take home over 900 pavers for free.