Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Al

New Legacy

Al
Hi, Was up to Kohler Tues and Simplicity Wed. Simp had the annual open house. Expecting about 700 dealers. Was a great day and ALL of the Simplilcity, Snapper, Ferris and Giant Vac equippment was out at the proving grounds for all to drive. Plenty of each model. Big change for 2004 the legacy. New hydro, some models with 4 wheel drive, 540 PTO, and limited cat 1 three point. Diesel to 27hp and a new 27hp Kawaski liquid cooled available. Many other features added. Looks about the same from the outside. New consumer Zero turn and a 34" hydro walk behind. The Ferris 72" with the 40+ hp CAT diesel is impressive. This is the third one of these annual shindigs. Great meal the night before so dealers have an opportunity to share ideas, and visit with a great many of the management team. This company is hands down above any other company we deal with. Other companies are starting to see the value in better open relationships with dealers, they have a long way to go. This company is the most open I know of. A dealer can call ANYONE in the company and the call either goes through or you get a call back. The buying of Snapper and Taking it out of the mass merchants is one of the best moves they could have made. It will result in much better support for the people that purchase Snapper products, and makes a statement that someone sees the opportunity to grow without having to go into a market that allows almost no profit to the mfr. Next it forces the company to build cheaper and cheaper junk. Many companies have been sucked into this market and have ended up in financial trouble. I am excited to see someone that believes that building a quality product and creating a dealer network to support it still has a place in the American marketplace. Simplicity LEAD ON, They future looks even better than the past. I'll get off my soapbox. Al Eden

Kent
Al, Thanks for the update. The new Legacy sounds exciting! Here's hoping it fares well against the Kubota BX and John Deere 500 series....

AGCO918
My Simplicity dealer and good Friend ,showed me literature on that new Beast that Al is talking about.For what i want it will cost me $11,000.00 to $14,000.00 with a 27 hp diesel engine,60 inch deck and the loader like the powermaxs use to have.They i hope will give the deere guys a run for their money.The tractor looks from the literature like it iis all pto run for the mower,dont think there was any belts.Simplicity is getting better all the time.Hopefulily my dealer friend will have some literature for me.Agco918

DaleC
I saw the Massey version of the 4 wheel drive Legacy at the County fair display. It is an impressive looking piece of equipment.

Leroy
I'll have to wait for the State fair here in Oregon to see whats new. I Dont know if the 2004 Legacy will make the trip. At out local fair they dont want you to touch the tractors. prolly because so many kids would see them as amusement rides.

pacodiablo
Is the Legacy the largest front-engine tractor Simplicity makes?

UCD
IT is at the present time. There has been others larger.

DieselDon
Cute graphic Kent. But don't hold back. Let us know what you really think about JD green.;):):D I still believe that Simplicity is going to be in trouble if they price their new equipment to compete with the JD X500 series. JD is beating their own machines with the 2210 offering.? The 2210 is hard to get around here because folks have caught on to what they can get and how much less it costs than anything comparable.[:0]

Kent
What do you mean, Don? I didn't say a thing about John Deere....

Les
The big advantage that John Deere has is that the deer is jumping UP instead of DOWN.

Al
Hi, A few more things about the Legacy, the hydro has a 6.5 gal per minute pump in it and the hydro control is a wobble stick with remote hydraulics. When a loader is installed the tractor provides the hydraulics, eliminating the loader pump. There is an electric selector valve so you can switch from front or center or rear hydraulics at the flip of a switch. New front steering, the cylinder is mounted on the front axle like a rack and pinion. This eliminates the keyed arms on the spindle. A number of new features. A new frame for the front attachments. The new loader is reallly neat. You just pull a latch and run the bucket dowo and the loader completly disconnects and parks itself. Just disconnect the hoses. To put on drive in to it, connect the hoses and it puts itself on. Push the latch and it is done. Would recommend looking at one at a dealer if they have one. Al Eden

powermax_paul
Sounds like a sweet machine Al, I can't wait to see it!8D Just might have to trade in my three powermaxes for one of those!?

Leroy
Al, The new Legacy has an Electric/ Hydraulic solonoid selector? or is the switch more of a lever? I also would like to know what you think of the AGCO ST25 in comparison to the new Simplicity Legacy.

lloydmst
http://users.zoominternet.net/~jjpowereq/ here is some pics of the new legacy for all of you who have not seen it yet. and yes it has a electric silenoid diverter valve. a simple touch of the switch.

lloydmst
Agco ST25 This tractor offers a three-point hitch lift capacity of 694 pounds, Agco equipped its Model ST25 with a 23-horsepower engine. Power is transferred through either a standard mechanical or optional two-range hydrostatic transmission. Other features include power steering, turf tires, and four-wheel-drive operation. The ST Series of tractors is offered in nine models from 23 to 55 engine horsepower. List prices for the ST25 is $11,959 when equipped with a mechanical transmission or $13,699 with a hydrostatic transmission. and it is a mid sized compact where the new legacy xl is a sub compact the tire size is bigger on the st25 and larger frame

Leroy
Thanks LLoyd, I was thinking the larger frame would be able to take a bit more and if the price was about the same as time went on the larger frame would have better resale value. http://www.agcostcompacts.agcocorp.com/ BTW LLoyd that subcompact your sitting in looks like it will churn butter, but can it mow?

MarcusInMd
This now begs the question...Since this is essentially the same legacy with some improvments but now can except a CAT 1 hitch. I wonder if this new hitch can be attached to my 2001 Legacy? This would help me from having to try to modify a CAT 0 hitch to accept some CAT 1 implements. Thanks, Marcus

Al
Hi, The hitch arms are shorter than the standard cat 1 hitch. The arms are bent outward to accept cat 1 attachments. Due to the fact that they are shorter, they don't lift as high, they call it a modified cat 1. If the arms were longer, the front would lift much quicker. It looks to me as if the arms could be swapped, I don't know for sure. Also the longer arms would resist turning efforts on this short wheelbase tractor. Sure glad LLoyd posted about the ST 25 AGCO as I didn't know what is was. Thanks Al Eden

lloydmst
well its off to the snapper plant for me on the 12th and 13th. i'm going to the open house to check this baby out. i'll give more details when i get back. i have some lit. on order and i'm going to try and pick some up while i'm down there lol if they have any extras..... i'll try and pocket one of these bad boys but i'll have to change a bunch of pants sizes to get that legacy in there. lmao... btw. Leroy those carts are fun esp. when taking a 60 mph 90 degree turn burning straight alkeeee hehehehe. and easy on the pocket book when turning 7800 rpm's gotta try it some time if you get the chance.

Leroy
I had posted this a few weeks ago. Just got this in my email. The AGCO ST 25 www.agcocorp.com Visit the site N. America, Store locater, and products tabs. I just got the pricing. for these AGCO's Brand spankin new 4x4 tractors. Agco ST25-4 Tractor w/Ag Tires and Std. Trans. $11,865, ST25-4 w/Ag Tires and Hydro Trans. $13,385, Agco ST35X-4 w/Ag Tires and Std.Trans. $15,325, Agco ST35-4 w/Ag Tires and Hydro Trans. $17,910. You could deduct 10% from these prices on a cash no trade deal and then add $335.00 factory freight & $220.00 PDI. Please let me know if you need any more information, we currently have in stock a ST30,ST35 & ST40. ksmith@smithtnt 1-800-967-8116 ---------------------- It is alot of money. I think they come with a mower but maybe not. AGCO is based in Georgia I wonder what the workers think of it? the QC and MTBF for electrical components (Digital dash). Made in the USA I think, based in GA. makes it look like it. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19388&SearchTerms=agco+St25

Leroy
I really don't know which one to get, but i want to be able to use it for landscapeing.The ST 35 can do the work as can the Kabota B series compacts. www.kubota.com I have a Kubota dealer who sold me the the 7117 and the engine failed. They have used ones at their shop. That is an easy decision because the local Gas company uses one. I wanted to select one that had a good following. I don't have the money right now anyway so this is just talk for now. I have been thinking that AGCO is based in GA. not Japan or China. I would want to do business with a company where most of the money stays here. But unless i buy new , What ever i buy will have little effect.

MarcusInMd
Al, Thats interesting. It sounds like that type of setup would probably work on the 2001 legacy then as well. As long as all of the hookups and bolt holes line up. I will wait to buy my CAT 0 hitch until I check this one out first. Take Care, Marcus