Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Al

Gravely Needed, Can anyone help?

Al
Hi, We had a repower project forwarded to us. We were to repower 2 Gravely 4 wheel rear engine tractors. We did a bunch of research and have the engine package nearly ready. A situation came up and the potential customer put his home up for sale and we are in a holding pattern. I am looking for a Gravely four wheel tractor to repower. If anyone knows of someone that would be interested in a special deal on a prototype and could participate without having to have the tractor instantly, have them get in touch with me. Didn't mean to tarnish the Orange paint here, hope I can be forgiven. Thanks Al Eden

simplejim
it's a shame you're so far away from me. a guy here in town tried to give me one a few weeks ago.the engine on it went bad so they took the engine off and just never got back to it. looks like a nice tractor. if you're interested in it let me know and i'll check to see if he still has it.

arnoldir
Hello Al, is Long Island NY close enough ? I've got an 8123 with single Kohler 12hp, and a later Pro G with Kohler 16hp Twin. The 8123 is rough but complete and runs OK, and the PRO G has only 60 hours on it. I'd loan out either till Thanksgiving, but would rather have the original engine reinstalled when your done.

rokon2813
I'm probably too far away also, here by Buffalo NY. but if your interested I just sold 2 Gravely riders minus engines for $50 each. I'm reasonably sure I could get one back if you were interested in purchasing one. Or I could find out if the gentleman is interested in having it repowered that way. I'm sure he will ask for particulars and prices. Let me know if you would like me to look into it.

Al
Hi, I really appreciate the response. I am interested, if I can solve the logistics problem. If the situation were reversed, I would uncrate a new Simplicity tractor, use the crate to crate the Gravely, take the fork lift and load it in a truck. The situation is not likely to be so simple out there. Typically if I do a "deal" on a repower with someone on a prototype, I usually need a long time frame, discount the engine some, stand the labor, don't charge for things we fab like ducting etc if we make it in our shop. We do charge for items we have to buy, or machine work we have to hire we pass on the charges. If the unit goes through temp testing, we would update it with all changes that result from temp test. If I got a unit without the engine, I would need the gear that goes on the crankshaft. Normally we put a: Will not exceed number on the project also. If these deals can be done locally, it is nice to have the unit close for future questions. If we buy a unit, we keep it until the kit is produceable and then sell it. We usually take tons of pictures for future reference. If I don't find something closer, I will try to figure out how I could make one of these deals work. I really appreciate the desire to help. I certainly would be excited in 50.00 tractor. Thanks again, Al. Maybe I will have to send my wife to visit her sister in NY with the El Camino. Al Eden

Al
Jim, I e-mailed you and it bounced. I would be interested and am going to Expo in Louisville in October, We go to Indianapolis and down. As I see it you would not be very far out of the way. Could probably put a hitch on the car and leave a trailer near you and pick it up on the way home. If this tractor would be available yet it might be an answer to a prayer. Sorry to do this, this way, but I don't know why the e-mail won't work. Thanks again Al Eden

simplejim
Al, im sorry the email dind'nt work.im not sure why it didnt but the one in my profile should be good it is my primary one but you can also email me at: baileybilt@msn.com i will check with him today and if he still has it i will load it and bring it home. i'll let you know tonight. you're right it wouldnt be hardly out of the way at all im only about thirty minutes from Indianapolis and i can hang on to it as long as you need.