Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

Dutch

Ryan
What is the make of your graderblade? I saw a grader blade on a b-110 at a show a couple of weeks ago. It was a brand new blade made by Pacal and was just like the origanal except for the holes were round, not square. The hole locations were in the same spot though. Ryan

Dutch
The original Allis grader blades (at least all the ones that I have seen) were made by Pacal. Pacal has been acquired by Bucyrus-Erie. Below is my favorite photo of the B-E Silver Spade. It's hard to believe a company that can build these kind of monsters would fool around with garden tractor blades..... but they will. [img]http://www.stripmine.org/images/spade/spade01.jpg[/img]

pacodiablo
Is that one of the excavators used in mining?

Nick
I believe surface mining, nothing underground.

IronPony
Dutch, Wow, what a picture! Dan

Ryan
Here is their web sight. http://www.pacal.com/blades/main-grader.html

There was a time when you could say you had a pretty dang good job if you worked with Pacal.....Ive heard they employ a fraction of the workers now.... Cool pic Herb Doug

Dutch
Here's a photo of an OEM grader blade. I brushed some chalk across the embossed "PACAL" for the photo. An oldtimer at Pacal told me that the blades either had a stamped number, a decal, or a stenciled number with Pacal's production number (usually on one of the corners or edges of the blade). With that production number, the original design and blueprints could be obtained if still on file at Pacal. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/pacal.jpg[/img]