Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
svon

B-112 wiring

svon
I just got a B-112 and I am so looking forward to getting it going. Ordered manuals but they are not here yet. Also looked at the wiring diagram for key start models. It does not seem to match what was done to the tractor. One thing that I am concerned with is the starter generator. The two lugs on the top are for the field and the battery(start solenoid and regulator) but shouldn't there be resistance between the battery lug and the ground? I have continuity when checking with a meter. If anyone has a different wiring diagram than what is posted in the club please let me know there is another way of wiring these machines. Thanks Stephen

tej
Stephen, The B-112 is not a key start tractor and will not match the wiring diagram for one. The B-112 should have a starter button on the dash and not use a selenoid. The key switch only shorts the magnito to ground when turned off. There are two wiring diagrams for these tractors, one is for the starter button and the other for the selenoid. I know both are in the Briggs manual and I assume on the Simple trACtors homepage. If your B-112 has a selenoid then the wiring is not OEM. Tim

Kent
Stephen, I'm not sure when AC offered key switches on the B-110, B-112 and HB-112, but they were there by 1968. The 1968 brochure (in the AC section) clearly shows "automotive type key switches" as a key feature in their sales pitch.... Can't speak to what's been done to your tractor, but the wiring diagram looks O.K. to me, based on my experience with my key start B-210. The wiring diagram posted is the actual picture from the B-series service manual, BTW, so any possible error is from the AC/Simplicity printing and not my editing... Kent

tej
Kent, The 68 brochure you have on Simple tractors clearly shows the starter button and also states push button starting. I own a 68 B-112 and It has a starter button. I may be crazy but I am sure of that. Tim

Kent
I stand corrected on the 1968 catalog -- I was too hasty, or confusing it with one of the other catalogs. However, the B-110 wiring diagram (with key switch) is directly from the AC B-Series Service Manual (reprint), page F-5, that I purchased a little over a year ago from Simplicity.... All B-210's and 3210's were definitely key start to my knowledge, as were Simplicity 2210's, but 2012's weren't.... Hmmm.... Hope I haven't caused any problems with my hasty answer!

tej
Kent, Yes, my manual also shows the key start wiring diagram for the B-110/112 0n f-5 and on f-6 it shows a push-button start diagram for B-210/212, which I think we all agree are key start. Does any one in the club have a key-start B-110/112 that came that way from the factory? If so speak up. Tim