Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
alanscott

Is this a B-110 or a B-112?

alanscott

Didn't the B-112 have a recessed ignition switch? I know the other 112 I have has that feature. I am wondering if this is a 110 with 112 inspection covers on it. Of course all of the tags on the engine are missing, I even doubt if it's the original one. The vari drive system is in serious need of adjusting, the belt is dragging on the axle tube. Are there any indicators of when to change the belt? or just wait until it breaks. This one has some cracking on the inside. If I had focused more on the belt, rather than the grass below it...:) [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/alanscott/DSC00032.JPG[/img]

grayford
my b-110 has a reced key switch

PatRarick
Allan, that is a B-112. The B-110 had the short frame and did not come with variable speed, only the hi-lo option. Both the early B-110's and B-112's had the push button starter and flush mounted ignition switch. The combination ignition and starter switch was recessed into the dash on the later models. The seat pans were also different. The seat pan on the B-110, when folded down, looked like that of the B-112, but had a two piece hinge setup on it. You lifted the seat pan much like you lifted the hood on a B-1. With the seat pan folded down on a B-110, the front edge was about flush with the rear of the shift pattern decal. Pat

alanscott
Tonight, I'll post some more pics. This has what I would call a double hinge on the seat. For as greasy and grubby as that engine is, it sure runs smooth. It's even missing the points cover.

PatRarick
When I think about it, the double hinged seat pan was not exclusive to the B-110. There was an early B-112 for sale on e-bay early this year that also had the double hinged seat Pat

Chris727
On my B-110 the ID tag at the base of the dash says B110 on it. Check yours to see if it says B112 on its ID tag. I'd say that that tractor is a B-112. -Chris

Dutch
Just remember I am NOT an FDT expert. Measure the wheelbase: 44" = B-110 48" = B-112 Both early B-110 & B-112 had a starter button directly inline with battery and starter (as pictured above). Both later B-110 & B-112 had a recessed key switch and used a starter relay (Ford type). A new vari-belt is 1" wide. Worn to 3/4" they don't work right. I'm sure the FDT guys will quickly correct me if I am wrong.

thedaddycat
I have a B-112 with the "double hinge" seat. It also has the flush mount key and push button starter. I think it's from 1968. That 3210 I just got has a recessed key switch and starter solenoid. It would be around 1970, since the 3300 series came out only in 1971.

jkmustang1
The b110 that I used to drive of my grandma's. The key switch was in a recessed cup in the panel ond only a on/off run/stop switch:) You pushed a round button down and held it to start the tractor like the one upper left of the shot:) The flat panel in the shot looks like the b112 tractors I used to help move and park for dad many years ago:D

jkmustang1
Right my other left.