Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

Hot Diggity Dog!!!

SmilinSam
Had a guy drive in tonight wanting me to see what he had . He got it from a friend but didn't know what it was. In the back of his truck was a brand spankin new 1972 Homelite 38" lawn Revitalizer attachment ! ! !:D[:0]:D:p:p:p Then came the dreaded question Whats it worth? I told him I'd write him a check for $200 right now if he'd like. He countered with he'd rather trade for a rider. Went on to find out he needs an engine for a 3400 series tractor. Offered to trade him even up a good 16hp Kohler with me doing the wiring change over. He said he'd think on it.... That would be a fair value trade I would think wouldn't it???8)

gregc
I would think so.;)

Boney
I have know idea what the heck a lawn revitalizer is, but it sure sounds like it would be fun to have. :)

Kent
Wow... I think that'd be a great deal for a brand new BLUE one... Boney, this is a revitalizer: [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1973/revitalizer.jpg[/img] Here's a link for more info... http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1973/revitalizer.htm

gregc
Boney, look here: http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1973/revitalizer.htm

SmilinSam
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/homelite/pg_3-4_small.jpg[/img]

Boney
Lordi Lordi, you guys are a bad influince on me, j/k i am seening all these neat toys that I just got to have. Wifey is gonna think I am nuts looking at this older stuff. She is having trouble figuring out why I dont want to get a new lawn tractor, instead i want to find an old one. With all these great attachements how can you not love these machines.Thanx guys for the link to the explanation of what it is. Smilinsam sounds like you gonna do ok on that deal :)

SmilinSam
Well I sure hope he bites, I've been lookin for one of these for 2 years now and this is the first one I've seen locally.... The only drawback is thereis no idler puilley set with it and I'm alreadt two in the hole on those...

Brent_Baumer
Carl Harcourt and I watched a very nice Sim. revitalizer sell at an auction last year for $100 or $125 if memory serves. Didn't figure I'd use it or get more than that for it so I didn't bid. Maybe I should have since I've run into about 5 guys willing to pay $250 and up since then.......Brent

KenK
I made my idler setup for the 410 and revitalizer .

Heres a closeup I used a piece of flat steel,bent it 4 times and drilled 4 holes,works real good.

SmilinSam
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...thats a neat idea there. I never considered making it a bolt on affair. Would be easier than making one to fit over the rod end like the original. Might have to get the welder out this weekend and play around a little..

MPH
So how much good do these machines do for a lawn?? Looks to a pretty aggressive tear-up job. Up here everything goes back to growning moss after about 5 years. Lime don't seem to matter, I think the trouble is the soil stays too cold if not opened up once in a while. Will they handle any rocks in the dirt?? say smaller then 2 inch.MPH

SmilinSam
Marty, I think Dutch can answer all those questions as I believe he has worked his pretty hard in a variety of surfaces.

mowerman1193
Marty, I have used one a little on my old Broadmoor and I have run over some stones and tree roots with it.My experiance is sometimes it will kick up the rock and leave it lay on top of the grass and other times it will just shake and bounce around and go over the top of the stone...The smaller tree roots it would cut in half and the bigger ones it would just bounce around... Maybe someone will have more info to give you on it as I really have not run mine much...I will say it works great for preparing for reseeding

SmilinSam
I got it!! He went the cash route. Works for me, I prefer to keep the engine for back up anyhow.

rokon2813
Kewl!! great new toy!