Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Brent_Baumer

Motorcycle and tractor deal - first for me

Brent_Baumer
Looked at a 716-6 speed awhile back. Decided not to buy, even though the asking price was more than fair (Don't care for gear drives much), and it has a 3 year old K341 in it that looks new. Got to talking to the guy about an old Honda he had in his barn. A 1964 or so 90 trail bike. Turns over but doesn't run. Left and didn't think much of it. He called the other night and offered the tractor and the bike for $50 less than his first price. Well, I now have the tractor and the bike in my shop. Bike is going on ebay tomorrow. Hope I can get $100 or so for it as they seem to be collectable. Anyone else get non-tractor items with tractor deals? This was a first for me. Brent

rokon2813
Brent if that 90 trail looks even decent you should easily get a couple hundred for it if the right people see it. They are very collectible. As for the non tractor items, certainly all the time. Went to look at a bunch of "lawnmower parts" going to the scrapyard if I didnt take them. They were in such bad shape the only part I brought home was a deck for a massey fergusen 7. Besides 2 truckloads of lumber, a ladder rack for my truck, 40 cinder blocks, and an antique 30 gallon crock.

Brent_Baumer
It looks about all there except I suspect it had an air cleaner at one time that is missing. Not much rust at all just faded. Doesn't have a title, don't know if that is a big deal or not. I looked on ebay and saw nicer ones that ran for $350 and up. Not sure the of the value of this one. Gonna start it at $100 with no reserve and see what happens. Brent

rokon2813
Like I said "if the right people see it". The tank if straight and undented with no holes is worth that much, as is the kick start gear assembly. Those two are the most sought after but many of the parts are NLA

Brent_Baumer
Well here it is. It's on ebay now. $100 start, no reserve, $200 buy-it-now. The 716-6 is just behind it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2186758666 [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/Brent_Baumer/honda1.jpg[/img]

The trail 90 was the original ATV up in this country...tough machine. Ive got an old CL90 what a sweet little runner. Brent havent you got a kid that would just love to have that?????? Doug

Brent_Baumer
Doug, My kids are dangerous enough on their go-cart. Too late now anyway. The bike didn't last 3 hours before it was purchased with buy it now. Makes me wish I hadn't offered that option. Oh well. I'm still happy and I hope the buyer is too. Brent

rokon2813
Cool. I guess "the right people" saw it