Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

What should I do? UPDATE

Ryan
I traded something for a part I needed for my B-110 a couple of weeks ago with a club member. I mailed mine out along with money to have the part for my b-110 shipped to my house. No return of e-mails and still have not received my part. It has been 2 weeks and still no reply. What should I do, if anything? It was not "ME" Thanks, Ryan

Leroy
Well it certainly wasn't me either. But at this point it may be time to worry. If it were me I would.

samson
Get on his case. There is no excuse for that. If still no satisfaction name him.

callwill
I agree, name all deadbeats-give them a chance but if they don't come thru, name 'em. In fact there ought to maybe be a forum that lists them for easy reference by other members.

Ryan
I emailed him again early today and still have no response. If he does not respond I will name him Friday. Ryan

Ryan, Had the same thing happen two years ago.... No correspondence on the sellers part is just plain unacceptable. How hard is it to send an email? I told the seller I was coming to get it...no threats, dont go mental. I mentioned to the seller i would put a warning thread out to the club..... Good luck to you Dougm

Ryan
Still have heard nothing from "hughey" about my bracket. Maybe he had an emergency or works out of town and did not receive anything yet. I have no clue. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Has anybody done business with him before? He seems like a really nice guy who knows what he is talking about.

Ryan
Received an E-mail from him today: Dear Ryan, I am really sorry it has taken so long. I've been having trouble with my Internet, and also working late, so that the post office is closed. I'm not trying to make excuses, but I did receive your "something neat" and I promise it was mailed today!!!! I've had it in my truck, but I've given it to my wife to take care of. Again, I'm really sorry for the delay!

SmilinSam
Personally I give about 3 weeks before I get concerned. I have had buyers who have been hospitalized before, also had one who was buying for his father who in the meantime had a stroke. Things can happen. I sold a tractor to a man a couple of states away who paid for it and it sat here for a year before I heard from him again. Turns out he was hospitalized. Went another 6 months and heard from him again, he has suffered permanent Kidney failure. I refunded his money fully. Gotta deal with each situation with an open mind....

Ryan
Yes, Sam you are right. That's way I asked for advice here and get very good responses. I know things come up. Like I said before, he seems like a very nice guy. I kinda wish I would not have posted now. Kinda feel like I jumped the gun for-say