Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
pleco01

Will this snowblower fit a landlord 101??

pleco01
Found this snowblower for sale locally, with no tags of model info. it's pretty cheap, but I kinda want to know if i can use it on my 351... any help would be greatly appreciated Doug

rokon2813
I cant guarantee it but that blower looks just like mine and according to attachments page it will fit both yours and mine. My blower has no numbers either but the tractor is 990314. look at this link at blower number 990563 and see [u]http://www.simpletractors.com/what_fits/atch_(pg35).htm

thedaddycat
Sure there's a blower, but where's the hitch? Looks like some pulleys missing too.

pleco01
Ok, good to know regarding the hitch issue. I'm going to guess pulleys and belts are easily aquired. Anyone know how attainable a hitch for one of these might be? Additionally, has anyone ever tried to hook up a salt dispenser to the back of one of these types of tractors? If so, I'd love to know more... pleco01

rokon2813
Depending on what your "pretty cheap" is, the hitch may cost as much or more than the blower. They tend to go together so anyone with the blower probably needs their hitch. Since it is local do they maybe have the other parts and just didnt show them to you?? FYI there is also a lift rod missing in the picture. As for the salt spreader: never tried but why not? We have one here that we modified to go in the rease hitch on most any truck, so I see no reason you couldnt build brackets to attach it to the back of a tractor. Would also double as a weight box. Ours is electric so pto isnt a concern there. Thanks for the idea. I may try it since my brother no longer has the plow truck.

pleco01
Hey Dan , thanks for the reply, I left a msg. for the guy with the blower, asking the questions raised here... He only wants $60.00 for the blower. So now my only concern is how to go about getting the parts necessary to get this running. Doug

PatRarick
I would measure the width of the blower first. I see this blower on e-Bay. The seller says it was purchased for a 5212. Judging by the flighting (spirals) it looks to be a 32" If you can find a hitch, or if the seller has it, you may find that it is too narrow for your tractor. The 36" blower that was for the 101 is just barely wide enough to clear the wheels of the tractor.

Dutch
quote:
Originally posted by pleco01
Additionally, has anyone ever tried to hook up a salt dispenser to the back of one of these types of tractors? If so, I'd love to know more...
The heavier seed & fertilizer broadcast spreaders will also spread salt in the winter. Check products offered by Brinly-Hardy, Agri-Fab, and Earthway. Those range from affordable plastic tow-behind units to stainless steel electrically operated tractor mounted units. [img]http://www.brinly.com/images/spreader/SpreaderTow35a.jpg[/img][img]http://www.earthway.com/images/m40.jpg[/img]

Tom_Byrne
MY TWO CENTS: Looks just like my Broadmoor Snowblower- unless there is some way to "convert", these dont run off of a front PTO. They run off of a second pulley on the engine, so putting it on a 101 is out. The factory hitch will not work on a large frame tractor, and as Pat says, the blower is too narrow anyway. With both the hitch and the pulley missing, $60.00 seems a little steep- especially for a snowblower that wont work on your tractor.

rokon2813
With the different opinions and all the missing parts maybe it would be better to find a blower you are sure will fit????