Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rokon2813

Sellers who dont communicate....

rokon2813
There have been a few topics regarding sellers who dont answer or ship the product. I have had many requests cocerning parts and whole tractors. To the best of my knowledge I have answered every one with no response on many. I guess I just want to make sure my messages are getting there and not getting lost. I'm sure some customers change their minds, run out of money or are just "window shopping", etc. Which is fine but I want to know that I am holding up my end and answering everyones questions one way or another. Anyone had prblems with me or have any comments????

Kent
Yeah, I have a comment for ya... You were a real pleasure to deal with! :D Thanks for your patience in dealing with me....

arjr111
Well Dan, except for that long drive up to your place in the pouring rain and crazy lightning, I enjoyed dealing with you.

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by arjr111
Well Dan, except for that long drive up to your place ....
Yeah, Art, I know what you mean. Dan doesn't exactly live in the middle of nowhere, but I think it's across the lake from him... Or at least that's what I thought the sign said...;) It was almost a 15 hour road trip for me, roundtrip, if you count the couple of hours that we chatted while loading and unloading....

gregc
Yeah, I have a problem with you. It's that you live too far away from me.;) You've had a couple of tractors that I might have bought had you been closer.:D All kidding aside, you have been a pleasure to deal with and I will and do recommend you to anyone that need parts.:)8D

Brent_Baumer
Potential buyers not responding is not uncommon. Once you answer their question they have what they want. Most won't say "Thanks" let alone, "Thanks but no thanks". There are 2 members of this club, both younger, who have contacted me expressing interest on almost every item I have listed for sale. Neither have bought. One has even said he would take what I had and never sent the money. The other just asks questions. Kind of irritating knowing you are wasting your time responding but I always do just in case.......Brent

JoeJ
Dan;) No problem here either, but for the distance thing. I just hope we get around that soon too. I find it a total pleasure to deal with you. :D:D [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

SmilinSam
The worlds full of "Tire Kickers" . I answer everyones questions that come my way regardless. If they don't follow up It doesn't bother me a bit. If someone commits to buy and then does not follow up in 2-3 weeks then I get somewhat annoyed, but you can't do anything about it except move on. Thats why I generally follow the policy of "nothing I have is sold till I have the cash in hand, then its yours." If I have 2 buyers interested I give the first to commit in writing about a week to get the payment to me, otherwise I go to the second in line. When you don't heaqr back from a buyer, you don't get mad, you just cast your line back out and fish some more....

Nick
quote:
Originally posted by Kent
quote:
Originally posted by arjr111
Well Dan, except for that long drive up to your place ....
Yeah, Art, I know what you mean. Dan doesn't exactly live in the middle of nowhere, but I think it's across the lake from him... Or at least that's what I thought the sign said...;) It was almost a 15 hour road trip for me, roundtrip, if you count the couple of hours that we chatted while loading and unloading....
You mean Lake Alice, or should we rename it Lake Allis?8D Dan, You are a pleasure to deal with, you described the B-110 panel you sold me exatly the way it was. and as soon as you recieved my money order, it was shipped. Thanks! ^

rokon2813
Thanks Guys I thought I was doing it right. Good memory Nick

MDB
Dan it was a total pleasure doing business with you when you sold me the bolt deck that I put on my B1, It is exactly what you said it was and you lined up the delivery really well for me8D^ Thanks,

crequake
Kind of irritating knowing you are wasting your time responding but I always do just in case.......Brent And then again, theres that nut that drives halfway across the country to buy one of your tractors;-) Nick

Brent_Baumer
Nuts? No. You just know a good buy for a good cause. How's the 101 doing anyway Nick?

andy gartner
You know Dan, When you get older... ...they say it takes longer to get synaptic responses across neurons. So, maybe sellers should grade on a curve, allowing more time for 'old geezers' to respond, before despairing of them. Thanks for your patience! A

rokon2813
As long as we are on this subject; Andy and Danbov your stuff went out this morning (saturday) with about 3 day lead times. You should have them Wednesday or thursday.

andy gartner
Thanks Dan, You're the best! A

rokon2813
thanks guys for all the compliments. Last Saturday I took time out of a family reunion at my home to load a load of parts for 2 customers in New Hampshire. Just got confirmation that both are very happy with there stuff. We keep going and western new york wont have any parts left. Most of my simp and a/c customers have been 400 plus miles away. I try to do my best with everything. The reunion was also a rousing success for the third year in a row. Its a one day party Saturday and people generally start showing up Friday afternoon and leave Sunday afternoon. Since I have room for 100 plus people at a reunion maybe I'll have to try a club meet one of these days. Anybody want to come??? LOL

UCD
Dan Who to heck would want to go to western NY.  LOL   Unless of course there was some good parts, attachments and accessories cheap.

HubbardRA
Dan, since everyone says you are so good to deal with, do you have any rusted out 48 inch decks lying around? I need some brackets and pulleys. PM me if you have any.

KenK
Come to think of it I need the top center hub and pulley for a 48" deck on my B-112.Would you have any and how much.The way it sounds just keep doing the way your doing.;)

rokon2813
Kenk; I dont know if they are the same or not but I have a 42" deck off a 3410 Baron with a good center spindle I think. If you think they are the same I will pull it out and check it out to be sure the parts you need are there.

KenK
I don't think the 42 is the same as a 48.The 48 has a larger pulley which is bolted to a hub with 3 bolts.

rokon2813
Ok Ken, we'll have to wait and see whats left on the 48 after this:
quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Dan, since everyone says you are so good to deal with, do you have any rusted out 48 inch decks lying around? I need some brackets and pulleys. PM me if you have any.

MPH
Seems to western New York would be the most desireable place in the the state. Been to Rome once on a 3 day weekend from SC..MPH

rokon2813
Martin, for those of us that live here the Adirondack region ( North East ) is the nicest, though the southern tier is nice too. We are too flat and more populated over here in western NY though we do have some nice countryside and a few tourist attractions.