Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Briggs & Stratton engine advise needed.

gr-made

32 is usually 16 HP - they upgraded all lower 10-15 HP to be replaced with a single engine. The "type number" indicates smaller changes. I think 131 is a misprint - should be 431? - the "4" indicating the flo-jet carb. The last number "1" indicates a rope starter. The breakdown is found in the front of the B&S single cylinder repair manual.

My search for a replacement engine for my old Simplicity tractor, model 1690184 system 7013 hydro has led me to a Briggs model 326131 type 0133-02 as a replacement for the orig model 302431 type 0155-01. Question is, Will It Fit? And what is the H.P.? Previous research shows the model 326431 type 2582 as the direct bolt-in replacement, but darned if i can find one. Any help and/or advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'm not a dealer,but maybe JN can enlighten us....I heard that the old cast iron Briggs Tecumseh and Kohlers are no longer made here due to the increasing strict regulations on small engine emissions?? Dunno!You can get all you want of them overseas BUT NOT here!OUTLAWED!Thank your tree hugging politicions[GORE!] for that!AND if he has his way, there won't be ANY small engines made anymore! LOOK it up!They already have cats on em and fuel injection systems! Work on those "puppys" backyard joe mechanic!? dlc

dlc, Thats what i keep hearing. EPA restrictions don't allow production of the small cast iron engines anymore. Can't even get a short block or sleeve anymore. Like you said about the new ones, are you & i going to be able to service them? It sucks if you ask me. Did find a number of places that the old ones can still be found, but at roughly $1000 its beyond me. Can't see spending that much when i can find numerous newer tractors for that kind of money.