Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
grlt1

What do you suggest...

grlt1
My family and I recently moved and have about 1 acre of lawn that we will need to mow. I am looking into buying a used mower and wanted to get some feedback as to what I might want to consider. Long term I think I am going to want something that I can rototill with and have either a blade or a snowblower for snow removal. I have just started looking and am trying to learn all about these mowers and what their features are. If you have any suggestions as to a model that would work well for me or things to consider when I look at a tractor I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Kevin

Leroy
Look for a simplicty dealer in your area and call him ask for any used Simplicitys that fit your bill. This site has many pictures, Info and discussions on the simple tractors. From what I have learned here. Owning a simplicty is owning peace of mind. Look at the classifieds. I have seen many for sale in MI off an on. Best wishes.

Kent
Look for a used Landlord, Baron or Sovereign in good condition. I'd personally recommend either the gear drive (cheaper, and very reliable) or the hydrostatic transmission (more expensive, but provides infinite speed control). There's a list of things to check out in the second article on this page. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/portal_articles.asp?catid=12&cattitle=Technical