Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
KenK

You ever have one of those days?

KenK
Well this was a good one. Got 4 out of 5 customers tractors out the door. 1 needed tranny replacment the other needed engine reringed. The other 2 needed regular service. Got my hb-112 up and running and also got the hydro lift mounted and working. On the way home I stopped at a friends house to pick up some A-C parts,which he had and free.(I'm sure he will need something down the road). He also had seen a A-C for sale,so we went out to look at it.A very clean B-110,42" deck,extra set of rear tires, wheel weights,A-C turning plow and hitch to go with it. $200 for the works,what a day.:D:D:D

HubbardRA
Never done quite that good. Had many more days go just the opposite.

Kent
No, can't say that I have... :( Sounds like quite a haul for you though!

rokon2813
I'd like to have a few days like that.... congrats

KenK
Oh don't get me wrong Iv'e had my share of bad days where you would just like to throw everything down and go home.

Yup, thats a day...yet, I have yet to see a tractor testomonial in which the person paid YOU to haul a gem away....im guessing it would be Sam if anyone...

rokon2813
quote:
Originally posted by DougM
Yup, thats a day...yet, I have yet to see a tractor testomonial in which the person paid YOU to haul a gem away....im guessing it would be Sam if anyone...
Ive had free stuff delivered to me. Does that count????

MPH
The maker of the big mac even say ' you deserve a break today' Glad to hear you had a much more pleasent one Ken...MPH

MoAC610
WOW excellent i thought i was the only one that could fall into a deal mine was free. lol i think everyone was saying quietly yeah sure no one gets them for free. Well good luck

Tom_Byrne
One of these years I'll have "one of those days".:D

thedaddycat
Hey, it all comes and goes.... I got that 3210 with deck, snow plow, and moldboard plow for $20 the other day, then yesterday I had been doing yard work and forgot the weed wacker was in front of the car. Neighbor came over needing a jump start so I got into the car and promptly ran over my weed wacker. Not a huge loss in that it was given to me for free, but in a way it is because the replacement one will be about $400(I'm upgrading a LOT) for a split shaft Stihl that will take attachments..... BTW, the mower deck is all that I have left from the 3210. Both plows went on eBay and another club member has the 3210 V now. Guess that takes the bite out of paying for a new trimmer......

Chris727
I wish I could get that much done in a year. I got a simmilar deal on my B110 only I got a blade, deck, chains, a tiller,for $200, but no weights, I sure need some weights. Daddycat, $400 for a trimmer, Wow! I get lots of use out of ryobi's I get from the trash and yard sales, I cant seem to kill them. For $400 I'd buy another tractor or some more attachments, but hey Sthil is the best trimmer from what I've been told. -Chris

SmilinSam
quote:
Originally posted by DougM
I have had people "TRY" to pay me, but I wouldn't accept it...:D

thedaddycat
Wound up with the Echo trimmer instead. It was "only" $360 but is the one prefered by landscapers. It's a split shaft, which means it can take attachments other than the string trimmer or brush blade. They make a pole saw, sweeper, cultivator, hedge trimmer, edger, etc... for it that all fit the same power head. Since I'm trying to start a landscaping business I figured I'd better get something that will stand up to the heavy use....

rokon2813
An echo will stand up. I used one years ago 50 lawns a week for 3 years. Just changed the plug every spring.