Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ron217

AC rear end positive drive setup questions

ron217
Hi, I just bought an AC, B-12 tractor to restore and from what I have read it came with a positive drive setup, where when a wheel starts to slip, the power is transfered to both rear axles. Questions: 1. Did all B-12's have this feture or was it an extra? 2. How does it work? Am I correct in it applies power to both wheels when one slips? 3. What is the cylinder,disk shaped object on the right rear axle between the tranny and the wheel hub? Thanks in advance for any and all help. Ron Frost Kersey, PA

UCD
That disk shaped thing on your axle is the differential. The limited slip is two bolts on one of the wheel flanges . These tighten against a nylon bushing on the axle and I believe they should be torqued to 25flbs.

Allis_B12
I think all B-12's have the same drive setup(at least mine does, anyways).

slippery
my B10 has positive as fair as i can tell . I used it the other day to pull my other tractor out of a dich both wheels turn at the same time .

jkmustang1
quote:
That disk shaped thing on your axle is the differential. The limited slip is two bolts on one of the wheel flanges . These tighten against a nylon bushing on the axle and I believe they should be torqued to 25flbs.
The rating you give is what is in my big 10 op manual that was the original that came with my b10