Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

I spy with my little eye...

SmilinSam
A B-10 with a Loader on a local Auction next weekend.... Better hold on to my cash for a few more days....

JoeJ
Sam, I just missed something here last week, I called but they never returned my call. Was in the $50 and under section, and said, Simplicity tractor, runs and mows $50. At least like to know what I missed, hehehe [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

MoAC610
A local Auction most be in your home town I to am looking for a B10 with a loader just fifnished the 610 and need something else to do. I tried all of the local resources i could think of no one has or knows of one for sale or will be for sale. I hope you get the winning bid Good Luck

MoAC610
Well did the auction happen yet and did you get it? Interested in selling it :DWell if not good luck and have fun

Agricola
How hard are these tractors to operate when the loader is filled with dirt/rocks?

MoAC610
I am not sure all the research i have done it shows a large counter weight on the back. Weather or not it handles good would depend on a couple of things. Wear and tear on pivot points for lifting assy and steering, the terrian hard pack, or dirt. And the amount of material in bucket when moving keep it low and when dumping raise up to dump. I have operated Case and pettibone front end loaders, they are pretty easy to figure out. Hope this helps and good luck

Kent
Since they don't have power steering, they are hard to steer with a full bucket until the front tires start rolling, then they do OK. A lot of it depends on tires and the condition of the front end. On the old 2012 that I got from Sam, I swapped out the wider front tires for 4.80x8 tri-ribs to help with steering, plus I put the flat Torrington bearings in the front wheel spindles, new wheel bearings, etc.. They will only handle about 300 - 350 (max rating) lbs or so in the bucket. You can put up to 300 lbs in the weight box to offset this weight. I'm also running loaded ag tires on the back. These factory loaders for the B-series (B-1, L-10, L12) have single a action cylinder (L-12) or trip buckets (B-1 or L-10) so they're not really designed for digging packed soil. Instead, they're for scooping and moving loose dirt, mulch, manure, etc.

SmilinSam
This is fun, Was told three different time that the loader tractor would sell this Saturday. Supposed to get the correct time tomorrow at noon when I call. Looked at the complete listing today and see there ia also a DA 1920 with a blown engine and a loader for a 9020 among other things. Maybe I can go home with a full trailer this time around..Doubt it though as I generally see 2-3 other club members at this sale each year.... Last two sales all I managed to do is run prices up on everyone.

LeoB
Too bad you can't work out what each of you wants and then everyone takes home something without having the others run up the prices.

SmilinSam
I do make arrangements like that when it works out an we all know we are there at the same time. Most of the time when I quit bidding though, the item is still fairly cheap for someone wanting to do some restoration work. I resell most of what I buy so I generally quit bidding at about half of actual value or so. I'll tell you when bidding really soars is when you have two collectors wanting the same piece. The general rule of thumb is that when a collector or restorer is bidding against a "scalper"(like me) the collector is going to win the bid everytime for substantially less than what the unit is worth becuase the scalper is going to quit at the point where he can no longer double his money or so.