Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
andy gartner

'63 Landlord Pics

andy gartner
Well...thanks again! :D Encouraged by SimpletrACtors, pics of Kris' gorgeous 1964 Landlord, and news of Dan's (Rokon) worker-bee Landlord, I found an original owner, 1963 Landlord. Has chains, snowplow, tiller, 42" deck, lights. Orig. factory manuals, for tractor/implements. A A:D:D:D:D

gregc
Good luck Andy. I hope you can get it all. Don't know about price for cart.

Tom_Byrne
NICE FIND!;)In my area, I would guess the cart is worth in the $50.00 to $75.00 range if its decent. The implements alone would be worth around $300.00. Post some pic's when you get the tractor, sounds like a winner!:D

andy gartner
Well Tom, Nothing's ever perfect at the OK Corral. This 40 year old, one owner, family heirloom, has been in the trust of a his son, who came to realize, he had too many "spark plugs' to attend, in his tractor brood (also my problem). It patiently awaited attention. My ad was good timing for us both. It proves VERY responsive to care, and is a strong runner. Will get some pics up soon, and like the son, proceed to release some of my treasures. A

KSever
Good Luck Andy, I know it took me quite a while to find just the right parts for mine. At least with a one owner tractor you would know all the right body panels are there or at least you know who to ask if it's been worked on. Also thanks for the compliments on the tractor. Kris

Terry9
Congrats Andy. It's a wonderful thing to get a package deal. I once found a 72' 3416 Sovereign w/ tiller, mower deck, makissic chipper shredder, 42' blower, front weight tray, wheel weights, chains..........just about lifted the front wheels off the ground on the PK. To wit:

andy gartner
Like that line... from Anita Baker's song, "Giving you the best that I got...cause YOU UNDERSTAND ME," SimpletrACtors (STAC) is a healthy addiction. Whether sharing experiences, comraderie, stories, building new memories, like Kent's 15 hour trip of acquisition, or Terry's fun haul, and "moment to remember," GREAT pic Terry!, It's all here at STAC. For me, it's not as much 'the deal,' as The Journey, and, (not always) fun process of discovery. The '63 Landlord, Kris, thankfully, 'appears' all original, and WAS kept inside... along with it's 10 years of original grass clippings. A

andy gartner
pics 63 LL

Kent
Aha.. a 9HP Landlord. I personally like the looks of the black dash. Looks like it's in pretty danged good shape too, for an original tractor that'll soon turn 40... Not nearly as rusty as most I've seen.

gregc
Good lookin' tractor....and I saw that it has the right hand lift lever with it. Great!8D8D Did you get the light support bar with the lights? Sure hope so.

ReedS
Andy here is a pic of my twin to your '63 without the right lift lever;) [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//uploaded/reeds/DSCNm0005.JPG[/img] I cut the grass with it almost once a week and it also has the 9 hp 23d. Good luck with your "new" tractor I'm sure you'll like it as much as I do.8D

andy gartner
Wow Reed! Your '64 looks like new! Really well-cared for original! Enjoy! Just realized, looking at yours, my parking brake adjuster is missing. Greg, he did find the lights, and mount bar, rear clear/red light is present too. Extra mower blades, Simpl/AC pulley belts. But the real tickler, is the original chain sack, with it's factory tag w/Simlplicity logo and address. A

MPH
Nice looking tractor Andy, great find and congras to you..MPH

Boney
Andy & Reeds you both have some nice tractors there, congrates and happy cutting :)

Bunky
Yes You both got nice looking tractors, It's also nice to find one owner tractors, Becasue you never know what all they have with them.... Like my 2010 it had wheel weights,blower,counter weight, with collar weight... and it even had a cart... But the guy wouldn't sell that...

Agricola
What I appreciate are the pictures you take so I can fabricate things I don't have. Such as the plow hitch.

ReedS
Forgot to mention since that pic was taken I've installed the right hand side cover and changed the front tires because the originals were just plain tired! Pun intended LOL! Thanks for your compliments,if anyone had seen it when I bought it you'd have never known that it was going to be the sweetie that she is!:D:D

sun41bird
is that brushed aluminium on the dash or paint?

ReedS
The dash is a textured metallic applique. Andy, why the change the topic title after all it was your tractor find that started this thread. If you hadn't started this some of us wouldn't have said anything or had anything to say!;)LOL Btw my tractor was a pile of pieces when I got it,the paint is original and while I was able to buff it to a shine it has lots of character marks in it.[:0] It is red however and that's the important part.

jkmustang1
I agree
quote:
It's also nice to find one owner tractors, Becasue you never know what all they have with them....
Like me I got the op book.

I also got original bill of sale tucked inside Delivered tax and all with a 42inch deck $977.75 And B10/B12 sales flyer was also in it and most of the start rope. Some time later they got a 42inch no name front push blade not ac. I got that too.

andy gartner
Title change Was my way of thanking you for participating, and for your great pics. Agreed, getting orig. lit. Jon, is a fun plus! A

Now that some grease is removed, appears 63's LL had black trans/diff.

ReedS
That's interesting mine is orange to match the frame etc.??

DaleC
A great find! Sometimes all you have to do is be in the right place at the right time. The differential on my Big Ten is yellow and the one on my B-12 is Black.

jkmustang1
My B10 rear is black it sold new 5/1967 Mine has the bumble bee decals on it

JBLACK
My 64 rear is the same color as the frame also. I almost forgot, try using CLR to remove the surface rust off your chrome, I was really suprised how well it cleaned my lift bar up!I saw the ad one day on tv. and picked a bottle up at Lowes also I used a fine sanding sponge for the really rusty spots worked really well! John :D