Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
docs

Landlord 2210 Idler and Drive Pulleys

docs
Anyone out there know what the dementions are for the 69 2210 990496 tractor, landlord PTO Idler Pulley, PTO Drive Belt, and PTO The Drive Pulley. I have looked all over with no success. I think someone had switched mine around with the Tiller Drive pulley because the Idler Pulley is Rubbing the PTO Driver pulley and wiping off one lip on the back of the idler pulley. Thanks in advance for any help you can give:D Docs

Ryan
The pulley on bgb is 5", the idler pulley is 3" and the pulley on the pto is 5". All of these measurements was from the outer diameter. Are you sure you have the right belts on the tractor? The pto belt is 35.1" long. I hope this helps

docs
The belt is 35, Just put a new one on it and 3" idler pulley, and the PTO Drive pulley is 5", But the Tiller Drive pulley is 4" that's the wrong size. Must be some other adjustment or something out of spec. on the idler puller assenbly or arm. Thanks for your help. Where did you get your information at? Some reason none of my manuals I downloaded have no pully dementions. Is there a parts referance or cross referance out there I can get? Thanks Doc

mowerman1193
Sometimes you can take the part number and go to www.jackssmallengines.com and go to the parts database and put the part number in...sometimes it will tell the size pulley it is and sometimes it doesn't...

docs
Well it seems that the belt is to long. Even thoe it is suppose to be the right size. It has a lot of slop, so I am going to go with a 34 or 33 and that should cure the problem. I can force tention on the belt and the idler pulley will not come close to it. Thanks for all your help. Doc

PatRarick
You could also have the incorrect cross drive (PTO to mower) belt. This has to be the correct length as it works in conjunction to the PTO adjustment to work with the proper (35.1") belt. Can't remember off hand, but I believe that your cross drive belt should be 48". In addition to the wrong cross drive belt not allowing proper PTO belt adjustment, a belt that is too short will have too much spring tension, putting too much stress on the PTO bearings and the center arbor shaft. A belt that is too long will likely slip even if you can adjust the PTO belt. Pat

Ryan
The belt that runs from thr pto to the deck is 44.1 inches. Do not go any smaller on the pto pelt, you will have many problems. Put the right pulley on the bgb housing. You will be glad you did. Info came from measuring a 1967 b-110 and a 1968 b-110.

wantedinct
I have the same tractor, with all the right size pullys and belts,and i have the same problem, i must have adjusted the pto a hundred times, it looks like the idler pully is mounted to high, so when the pto is engaged, the inside outer edge of the idler hits,(rolls against) the upper pully, i finely readjusted the pto very loose, nothing is sliping,and theres no more noise, but its still not right,i'm thinking there must be something worn or bent, but i haven't figured out what yet.

docs
My PTO to mower belt measures 22" Outside I am AssUming that this is a 42" belt. That appears to be the right belt and not a lot of tention on the belt. Wantedinct says that all his belts are the correct size and has the same problem. Has anyone else expiereinced this problem or do you have a 68-69 landlord that the idler pulley on the PTO assembly is to close? The belt that I took off was a 34" because I have expierenced this problem 4-5 years ago and replaced it with the belt that would work then. Doc

UCD
Are they the correct OEM belt or are they the closest match possible After Market Belt. Contrary to belief it does make a big difference on Simplicity/Allis Chalmers Equip. A 22" belt stretched measured end to end will be over a 44" belt Center measurement(<-----22"----->) = Over 44" Outside diameter (_¯_¯_¯) When nothing else works the way it is supposed to Use the part Specified by the Original Equipment Manufacturer

Ryan
I had this problem once and the spring that holds tension on the pto was stretched.

jefforjill
I have a similar problem The Allis Chalmer B210 that I was given has the pto pulleys, idler and belts mising. ?What is the size of the other pulley on the pto, the one that drives the rotary mower?