Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rs07

Simplicity Legacy XL

rs07
I am friends with the owner of a nearby Simplicity Dealership, with whom I have done alot of business with over the years. I had the priviledge of getting a "sneak peek" at a 2004 Simplicity Legacy XL Garden Tractor yesterday. I also helped with setting up this particular demo unit and test driving it. This demo unit had a 27HP Kawasaki Liquid Cooled Gas Engine with a 60" Mower Deck. This tractor also has 4Wheel Drive!! A front end loader is also on the way to the dealership as well. Unfortunatly this was unplanned so I did not have a camera with me to take any pictures. I was quite impressed with this unit and have plans of even buying one for myself in the near future!!

FrankieC
Hey, rs07, you managed to "stumble onto" what has to be the most terrificist site for tractor people that you could have. Glad you found it.

Brent_Baumer
Did he say how much he was trying to sell it for?

patrician12
I'm sorry to hear its Kaw powered,another hit for American manufacturers.Tecumseh,Briggs,Kohler or Onan couldn't have supplied the power an keep some gringos in work.

KenK
4wd 27hp kawi list price $9625.00,60" deck $1629.00,and front end loader $3000.00.

AGCO918
Any engine in these tractors will work fine.I am all for buying good old usa ,but honda for one is as american anymore than some of the other companies making cars because they are making everything just about here ,dont know how it is on honda engines for tractors but,face it companies are getting to be where they get the best deal on products they will buy from that supplier ,even it we dont think it is right.I would buy a honda over a other make just because i know they have good products and alot of it is greed on part of usa companies wanting cheap labor.I might have got off the topic a little but i get tired of hearing people cry about our jobs going south when it is our own fault because companies want to make a dollor at our expense ,and dont care about the jobs they leave here behind when they can pay someone in mexico a little over a $1.00 hr and have the quality go down the toilet and send back here to the usa to be fixed.Happens everyday but when are we going to get on the ball and get our goverment to help us and have everyone else 2nd.We have familys and need the jobs here not everwhere else.So if simplicity gos to honda or whoever it is all because of price and the best quality for the money.

Leroy
quote:
Originally posted by AGCO918
I would buy a honda over a other make just because i know they have good products - snip- So if simplicity gos to honda or whoever it is all because of price and the best quality for the money.
All of the landscapers in my area use Honda equipped units. I suspect as you have said The price point is why tractors don't come with them. I doubt if you can opt out the engine and buy a tractor new though then to install the Honda. I would just guess the warrentee would be reduced for the power train ?

Allis_B12
It is too bad about American manufacturers losing out. But, the Kawasaki inside the Legacy XL isn't the only engine offered. If you go to jjpowerequipment.com and look closely at the spec sheet, there is a 27 horse Kohler offered with a hydro tranny. The only difference between the Kohler and the Kawasaki is that the Kohler is air cooled and the Kawasaki is liquid cooled. I'd take the Kohler-air cooling means no worries about coolant, hoses or radiators.

lloydmst
Hello all. nice to here from you again agco918 I posted all the specs on the site so that all of you could review them.( http://www.jjpowerequipment.com )I would just like to say that the reason behind the different motors are so that they can satisfy just about all of your needs and wants in a sightly different manner. We all know that we would like to put what engine we want in our new Legacy XL. But.... We all also have to understand that some engine maker aren't making what Our Best Tractor Makers want or need to complete this monster of a machine in its class. So some times they go by marketing tools and see what are the demands from the consumers (which are mainly you guys) unless your like me and have an older machine and continue useing it until its on its last leg. Which in turn means if you want to be heard on what you want for engines then since your not buying new every so often then maybe you need to write to them and let them know what you would like to see in their new products and looking to purchase one, but because of what they are doing today that, that is what is stopping you from getting one. I think they are doing pretty darn good with what they have done....4X4, easy loader..... well enough of that.. so rs07 what dealer was that because I was told there will be none ready for shipment until Jan.04 even to the dealers. Which I am one so I would know this info. Because if one was available I would have one.... Of course.. lol

rs07
The name of the dealership that has a Simplicity Legacy XL is Max S. Wood, State Routw 9W, West Coxsackie NY. They have been in business since 1935 starting out with Allis-Chalmers.

Tacey
quote:
Originally posted by lloydmst
... unless your like me and have an older machine and continue useing it until its on its last leg...
When is tractor on 'it's last leg'? I guess my question is, what breaks the back of these tractors? When the engine goes? The tranny? BGB? The frame? What's the most common thing to push an owner to get rid of a tractor? Tacey

MPH
I'd say either tired of working on it or it just needs so many little things done, like egged out holes on all moving iron pivot points that the owner just gives up.when one major happens.MPH

Les
Speaking for myself, personally, what caused me to stop using my B series tractors was that I could no longer get the center PTO's to work properly, tried different parts, busted a pulley or two, got frustrated and said the hell with em. My biggest regret is no longer having a sickle bar mower.
quote:
Originally posted by Tacey
quote:
Originally posted by lloydmst
... unless your like me and have an older machine and continue useing it until its on its last leg...
When is tractor on 'it's last leg'? I guess my question is, what breaks the back of these tractors? When the engine goes? The tranny? BGB? The frame? What's the most common thing to push an owner to get rid of a tractor? Tacey