Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
badcars

throttle cable

badcars
havent posted in a while, but check this out. the house next to mine is a rental, they had really let the yard go 18 inch high grass and all. well after i had mowed my yard they were trying with a large murray machine, could not get it done. i went over on my little 8 horse 738 locked it in first and mowed away. it was about 1.5 acres and i knocked it out in about 2.5 houes. it didnt even break a sweat. now for my question, this machine eats throttle cables. only lasts about a month or so. in the machines defense i have been buying the generic kind but theat horrible bend as it goes to the engine breaks them every time. what am i doing wrong, do i just need to go to the dealer and buy the right thing or what. thanks alot for this and all the other good info you have all provided!!

Kent
Could you use a longer cable and a more gradual bend where it connects to the engine? I've replaced the factory cables with aftermarket without any problems...

Agricola
There is a guy who sells quite a few cables on E-Bay (Sel-Lo) I think his screen name is.