Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dtsr

Many Thanks... 2012 is running again

dtsr
My Simplicity 2012 quit running Saturday at a friend’s house and would not restart. Gas was leaking from the carb and I thought it was flooded so I let it sit for several hours. Tried to restart it again and carb started leaking again. I took the carb off and took it home to rebuild it. Reinstalled it and no leak but still would not start. Checked for a spark and didn’t have any. Replaced the plug and still no spark. I had a friend help push it onto my trailer and took it home. This tractor has had the electronic module for the ignition for about 10 years. The last few days, it had been backfiring some so I searched the archives on this site and thought it may have sheared the key way. I really dreaded the thought of having to pull the engine to check the key way. I read the article about checking the simple things first. I was going to replace the module and couldn’t find one in town so I reinstalled the points and condenser. She started right up and with some carb adjustment, ran like a champ. I just want to thank all who have posted articles on this site and I was able to search and find a cure. Without the extensive information this site has to offer, a lot of these old machines would be in the scrap yard for sure. Many thanks to all. David.

samson
Happy you got that baby running, That way I don't have to buy it from you cheap. Dave, one of theser days days I gotta borrow your plow. Roger and out~~

dtsr
Anytime Roger, just let me know when. Gonna pull it with one of your pretties??? dt