Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Boney

How big is it ?

Boney
About how long is the average simplicity tractor ? Trying to figure out if I can fit a deck and tractor in a 6ft truck bed. Thanx for any help :)

Agricola
You should have no trouble, but even if it was close, you could leave the gate down and that will give you a bit more length.

IronPony
I have a Chevy 1500 full size pick-up with a 7' bed. Put my large frame AC712 with 42" deck mounted in it with no problem. Were I to haul it again, I would take the deck off. Makes it a lot easyer to load. The deck only just makes it between the wheel wells. I could sure feel the weight in the truck! Dan

Steell
I hauled a Cub Cadet 126 with deck (turned sideways in the front), a AC 712S (longways inthe back), Subaru motor, and a grader blade for the cub, in an 87 Ford long bed pickup. Used a backhoe and a couple of chains to lower the Cub into the truck, but had a heck of a time getting it out (it was a pretty tight fit):D I just looked up the specs on a Simplicity 7114H, and it is 70" long, AC 712S is a few inches shorter. Steve

LeoB
I loaded a 63 landlord into my truck, I put a 42 inch deck to the side. I have a 4' bed on my Nissan Crew Cab. I just had to leave the tailgate down.

Boney
Great, thnx for the info all, it is helpfull and appreciatted :)