Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
DavidG

Hydro Lift side cover..is there one?

DavidG
Well I got my newly aqired Hydro lift installed over the week end . Really looking forward to trying it out, but the resto/rebuild on the B-10 that it's in, isn't to the point yet where I can start the engine. Still need to connect the fuel tank and do some minor wiring. Anyway, I see that you have to remove the left side cover because of the space the hydro unit takes up. I'm not too happy that this has to be left off , as the whole left side is now totally exposed to the elements. Did Simplicity ever make a modified side plate, or has anyone made up their own? I understand that you need to get access to the drain and fill plugs, and couldn't completely cover the unit because of the lines, and the control lever, but I would think partial coverage would be better than none at all. Any thoughts on this? Maybe I'm making too much out of this. Dave

Kent
There wasn't one for the B-10/B-12/Big Ten with hydraulic lift. The B-110/112/210/212 had a short side cover that hides the bottom of the fuel tank. Here's a pic from the field installation manual... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/hydraulics/figure13_small.jpg[/img]

DavidG
Thanks for the info Kent. I have some .032 t6 aluminum sheet . I think I'll play around with a design for a partial cover. Maybe I'll use some small knobs or thumbscrews so it can be removed easily for service. Dave