Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tractormanchris

b10

tractormanchris
I am looking at a b 10 serial # 17192. It has a wisconsin engine on it. any info would be appreciated. This would be my first simplicity/AC garden tractor. Chris

tractormike
Welcome to the club Chris! If you check the simple tractors site and look under the b 10 you can get a lot of info and spec. on it. I believe the b 10 should have a briggs engine on it from the factory. Seeing that the tractor is almost 40 years old it may be that someone has changed the engine. This site has a ton of info and 2 tons of experience gathered together. I'm shure you will find out what you need to know. Welcome aboard!

Boney
Welcome to the club, wish i could help you out but I too am also new to this. The people here are great and are FULL of knowledge.

goatfarmer
B10 should have a Briggs on it. Having a Wisconsin on it wouldn't scare me in the least from buying it,unless someone cobbled up the installation. Welcome aboard!:D

MoAC610
Hello, welcome to the club sorta new here also I am currently looking for a b10 myself and have done exstensive research on them Like posted previously it should have a Briggs engine But a wisconsin is just as good. And like posted earlier so long as they didnt mess up on install it should be just fine. Have fun and good luck

MPH
Welcome to the club Chris. Hope you buy the B10, don't think anyone here has one with a wisconsin in it.MPH

Dadsy98
I just got my first B10 a month ago. Go for it! Read and search this fine group and you won't be sorry! Steve

powerking_one
Chris, welcome to the club!! How about getting some pictures posted of this Wisconsin engine setup in your B-10? Sounds like a neat/alternative power-plant most of us haven't seen. Personally, I think a venerable and classic Wisconsin cast iron single sounds like a great marriage to a Big Ten type tractor (assuming a non-hack job here). I would guess your Wisc'y in this tractor is a BKN, AENL, S-8D, S-10D, S-12D or the like. Let us know.... Regards, Tom(PK)

jkmustang1
I just got a original b10 with a B&S 10hp on it. My dad was a dealer in the late 60's - early 70's. I never saw one with a Wisconsin on it. But like others have said if it is done right. Repowered with that motor it should be a great tractor.