Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Boney

Wonderboy opinion

Boney
Sounds like a no brainer but hey better to ask now then later. I have an oportunity to buy 2 wonderboys. One works and is supose to be in good condition with only surface rust. The other doesnt run. There is also a mower deck, rototiller and snow blower with it. He wants $200 for it. Sounds like a good deal to me but I was woundering what you guys think of it ? I only ask because there doesnt seen to be many wonderboy owners here. Thanks :) [img]http://members.aol.com/OUSoonerOne1/images/smiley%20the%20wave.gif[/img]

Kent
Let's put it this way. The tiller, with the tiller drive/clutch pulley system, in good working condition is worth at least $150.... The 3-belt snowblower isn't worth a whole lot, though, IMO...

UCD
The 3 belt blow should be worth the other $50.00   $200.00 Invested - $150.00 Tiller - $ 50.00 3 belt blower   ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ =   $000.00 Investment. SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DEAL to me
quote:
there doesnt seen to be many wonderboy owners here
That sounds like the best reason to buy them.

ReedS
It's a steal that I wouldn't pass up if your into the 700/725's. I know I'll have almost that into the paint for my 700 before I am done! Btw if you sell me the tiller and drive you'll have recouped 3/4 of your money back! Just kidding!! LOL

gregc
Don't be sorry later that you passed it up, grab it now. If you decide later that you don't want it, you should be able to get your money back and then some.

Boney
Thanks guys :)

MPH
Thumbbody gettin' tractor fever.....MPH

Agricola
I know I would put them in my collection if they were in the area.

cougar
I am currently restoring a 990086 Wonderboy for my collection. I paid $75 for it and mower deck.