Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Stoneheartfarm

The high cost of sleeve hitches

Stoneheartfarm
Holy Cow! Look at the "retail price" on this! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2340675918&category=22654 [img]http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_9c354aab89909f7d47a90753fa45ee7b/i-1.JPG[/img] Is this price right? I didn't know any of the newer tractors could carry a sleeve hitch. Steve

SmilinSam
Thats about the right price range for ones to fit these newer dimestore tractors. Used ones for Simplicity Cub and Wheel Horse etc can bring as much and sometimes more.

IronPony
It looks like that Scotts tractor saw a little sexy Broadmore and got turned on;)

SmilinSam
I don't know, looks like if you took some of the older HEAVIER brinley attachments and put on it, there'd be a good chance that lift arm would fold up like an accordian....

Agricola
Actually those arms are pretty tough. I wonder if that is for the Scott made by John Deere.

MPH
DIMESTORE?????Sam, are showing your age???MPH

SmilinSam
I'm 37 but most of the guys I run with are in their 50's 60's and 70's. They must be rubbing some of their years off on me....

UCD
The best part is you can buy a new sleeve hitch for around $110.00 from a simplicity dealer. You have to order the individual part numbers.You can not order it as a complete unit one part #. Here are the part #s to order.   Qty.      Part Number        Discription         Price 1 each.   part # 1675373    clevis assy.      $65.70 1 each.   part # 1716179    pin hitch          $17.75 1 each.   part # 154304     yoke                $7.00 1 each.   part # 1603816    plate stabilizer  $8.85 1 each.   part # 1604349    lift rod             $10.20 you will also need if you want every thing new. 4 each.   part # 176012     spring clips (Quick pins) 3 each.   part # 155037     attaching pins 2 each. 5/8" x 11 x 2½"      bolts and nuts 1 each.                            cotter pin 1 paid $109.50 for the five main parts. My dealer threw in the bolts,nuts,pins,sping clips and cotter pin. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/UCD/Onepointhitch.jpg[/img]

MPH
What do parts 1-5 do? Looks like a lift rod but none on my 3 rear lifts have a hole in them. Must need my second cup of coffee.MPH

UCD
Marty That is a diagram of the newer style hitches for the 3400,7000,7100 series tractors The older styles like the landlords and B series did not use the lift rod to the rear lift they instead used a chain from the rear lift to the implement. Like what you have.

MPH
Thanks Maynard, guess since my newest is a '68 I understand..MPH

Stoneheartfarm
I'm still trying to figure out if the picture is showing the rear lift, or if it is showing something IN the rear lift. ?Maybe a long bent rod? I can't figure out how anything would attach to the rod and be light enough to keep the rod from collapsing like Sam suggested. Steve

rokon2813
It gets fuzzy when I blow it up that much but that appears to be the lift handle sticking up like that, bent to reach it and to go around the fender when pulled forward. I could be wrong though, like I said fuzzy

MPH
I glanced at one of those at home depo 'bout a year or 2 ago. They're made for the lawn tractors with nothing but a drawbar hitchpin hole best I could tell. Looked like a lot of junk to by to get the type of sleeve need for the old B series so I made my own and forgot about them..MPH