Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

Cast weights for Roper or Sears

SmilinSam
Just sold my last two sets of Simplicity weights to a club member. I have a set of cast weights off a Sears/Roper and was wondering if it would be a crime to paint them orange and use them on the 917. Question is, has anyone seen any of these sell on Ebay to see what they bring?

Kent
Well I hope it's not a crime, since I'm running Bolens (FMC) wheel weights painted white on the back of my Big Ten...

Dadsy98
Use them if they fit. can't look any worse than the Walmart barbell weights on my 7010, mine are still factory black finish. ^

SmilinSam
Not worried about how they look , just hate to alter something that has some value. Would rather sell the valuables and use the ordinary stuff...... ...so I can afford to get more stuff

MPH
Looking at a pic you posted yesterday or day before Kent, wondered why you painted the white.. Haven't done the project yet, but I think I found a source of wts for powerMax tractors, Flywheel off 318/360 Dodge. Had the starter gear ring spin on one and roughly checked it out while back and I think with the ring poped off its about 1/4 in lost inside the 15 inch rim. 37lbs...MPH

Kent
Marty, the biggest reason I painted them (and the wheels white) is that I bought two six-can boxes of Rustoleum white paint for a buck a can... :D

Agricola
I will have to look into using regular weights on my Landlord for plowing. It looks like a good way to go and I get to do some fabricating.

MPH
Thats good enough reason for me Kent...MPH

UCD
Sam I think There are some posted on the ebay forum. I usealy post all of thw wheel weights for 12" wheels and leave the other brand names out of the discription.

Dadsy98
John, I use two 25 pound barbell weights per tire. I fabricated a bracket for the rims. Works great for plowing and grading. The chains on the 7010 are old car tire chains I cut down to size. (thanks to MPH for the idea!) Total cost was about $50.00 for the weights and set of chains. Steve

Ryan
Sam, Was at the mower scrap yard I visit quite often and the owner sold a set of old sears weights for $75.00.

IronPony
I am using a set of JD weights so i won't sign my name to this.LOL They are still yellow. What color should I paint them? for my AC712.

KenK
I have 2 sets of FMC weights mounted on two different tractors,I really like them.They are heavier than the A-Cs and mount flush with the outside of the wheel.I had 3 sets of A-C weights on one of my tractors and I caught the side of the garage.I got one set painted A-C yellow and the other set painted A-C cream.

JBLACK
I checked the price at my Simp dealer and he quoted me 115.00 a pair for rear. JB.

a7117puller
weights are weights, paint is just a luxury item

SmilinSam
quote:
Originally posted by a7117puller
weights are weights, paint is just a luxury item
In that case I could slap the single Deere weight on paired with the single Cadet weight I have....huh?:o) I mean, its like you only see one side of the tractor at a time anyhow right??:D

KenK
Thats right Sam its just like having different hubcaps on your car,you only see one side at a time.