Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Bearingman

model B112 AC tractor-with model 300421 motor

Bearingman
hate to say this but forgot to check crankcase oil-when I did -dry. Heard quite a bang believe it is the piston rod engine still turns over but no compression.Have not taken engine apart as yet but was wondering if there is any engines around or parts for this model:( Ken

rokon2813
Parts, though pricey, can be had either new or used. Prolly even some used engines around. Also was some NOS engines and parts on Ebay but I dont know if they were your model or not. Best bet is open it up and see what it needs then decide which way to go.

DaleC
I have a B-12 and If mine ever goes I am going to rebuild. These old cast irons are no comparison in performance with new engines. They have so much torque. I mow areas with mine that cannot be touched with a "modern" machine. My brother has a huskvarna with a 13 hp kohler and when His yard gets big he calls little brother to come over and mow it with the B-12. You proably at the worst will need a new piston, rings, rod. and have the crank resized by turning or grinding. Check the bear on the crank at the cover to make sure it is not marred and rebuild. It will be worth a WHOLE lot more on the power end than a more "modern" motor. This is just my opinion. DaleC