Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kent

Club Auction: Loader for 616/620/720, PowrMax

Kent
Member Al Eden is putting this loader up for auction to help support the club. All proceeds above the opening bid price will be donated to the club.
Opening bid is $1100, and auction will close on September 4th....
Al states: "The loader is an ARK 600, serial #364. The Edens Ltd trade in ID # is EL1885. I have not run the loader. The person I got it from said it worked great, but had set for a number of years in his shed. I see no place that shows anything bent or repair welded. The decals are good, the paint is getting some rust spots, and it has set outside since last fall. I do not believe I have the pump belts. If I find them they will be included. We will, if desired, band the loader to a pallet and will load it for no charge on the truck line of the purchasers choice, or the unit may be picked up here. We assume no shipping charges. The loader has bucket bit stock [cutting bit] welded on the sides also. It may be OEM, or added. I don't know. I consider the unit to be clean and the pivots etc tight. I am certain the purchaser will want to repaint it, but it would not be necessary functionally. The bucket is rusty, but solid." [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/articles/ariens_pics/al_loader1_small.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/articles/ariens_pics/al_loader3_small.jpg[/img] More, larger picturea are available at this link: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/articles/loader_auction.htm

SmilinSam
The above loader is a great deal especially considering what I saw sell today. I watched a loader billed by the auctioneers as a loader for a 9020 sell today. It was really 50% parts of a 9020 loader with 50% cobbled up junk. Bad shape to boot. It sold for $750. If they bid junk to that amount then the one above should be worth twice what the junk one sold for today if not more easily.

JP
When & How will this auction work?

rokon2813
JP: the when is now the how is place your bid right here.

markpogue
JP, It is going on now. Just post your bid in a reply. That is a nice looking loader, I payed 800 for mine and had to repalce a couple of hydraulic cylendars.

chivic
Hi,all. My name is Chip and I just joined the club. I just bought an AC 616 in excellent condition and am looking for a loader. This one would be nice. I'll be the first bidder at $1200. Thanks to Kent for all his help.

Boney
wow Al wtg, that is a generous donation :)

Al
Hi, When I did this, I hoped the loader would end up bringing 1500.00. I appreciate the bid, and I hope the club does well with this. It would be a small reward for all that the club has provided for so many. To all, bid generously, it is for a good cause. I had advertised the loader for 1500 and was thinking of putting it on e-bay. Then I thought this might be a worthwile cause. Onward, Al Eden

Leroy
Attaboy Al That is proably the highest contribution to date that is if you can extract Kent's time and effort and cash out of the equation. If there ends up being a special star or icon notation for contributions I would think it could be the start of something big for the site.

Kent
This auction will close at midnight tomorrow night, Thursday, September 4th -- and the current high bid is $1200. Do we have another bid?

JimS
Can someone tell me the difference beteween the 600 and 700 models? Are there any other loaders that fit these tractors and if so, how do they compare to these models. Thanks. Jim

JP
The main difference is the 600 is a little lighter (capacity) & has a ladder frame as seen by Al's Pix. The 700 (9000) is a little heavier on the the fromt crossmember (behind the bucket) & the frame is a lot beefier (is that a word?). You can search for ark 700 or 9000. Have a look at Doug Byam's 9020. I'm not sure of the actual capacity differences, seems you could do a LOT with either one! JP

Kent
OK, looks like Chip (chivic) bought this one for $1200. Sounds like someone got a bargain here! Chip, would you please contact Al directly to arrange payment and pickup/shipping. A special thanks to Al!

MN_FISH
Congrats chip on your purchase :D You got a bargain on a good loader [:0] Welcome to the club. Let us know how you like it. Thank you Al for doing the auction for the club. Maybe more of us should do this to help the club with $$$$:D